Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Touareg 3.0 V6 4Motion R-Line Tech
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have recently bought a 2018 Touareg 3.0 V6 TDI R-line Tech. I have noticed the N/S boot light is not working, I removed it to find no wiring attached - this is an LED light. Can you please advise whether there is likely to be a wire/plug possibly behind the trim which may have fallen off or do I need to wire this into the O/S boot light? Many thanks in advance - Davwalk1

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have recently bought a 2018 Touareg 3.0 V6 TDI R-line Tech. I have noticed the N/S boot light is not working, I removed it to find no wiring attached - this is an LED light. Can you please advise whether there is likely to be a wire/plug possibly behind the trim which may have fallen off or do I need to wire this into the O/S boot light? Many thanks in advance - Davwalk1
My 7P has boot lights on both sides. The later CR may only have one. Is yours the same as this picture?
Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My 7P has boot lights on both sides. The later CR may only have one. Is yours the same as this picture? View attachment 37640
Hi Capese21, many thanks for replying. Mine is exactly the same, the light on the left is the one in question. Maybe it has never been connected and the previous owner wasn’t bothered. I guess I will have to investigate behind the trim and search out the loom and plug - hopefully

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just had same issue with OS boot light on my 2015 R-line and had a mare getting it out. Had to remove panel in the end to find loom for light and 12v cigarette socket disconnected. The reason I couldn't get the light out was due to the metal spring clip to release the light was beyond the panel and I can only assume its been like that since new? The lights were standard bulbs and not LED's so may fit some when they need replacing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just had same issue with OS boot light on my 2015 R-line and had a mare getting it out. Had to remove panel in the end to find loom for light and 12v cigarette socket disconnected. The reason I couldn't get the light out was due to the metal spring clip to release the light was beyond the panel and I can only assume its been like that since new? The lights were standard bulbs and not LED's so may fit some when they need replacing.
Hi VW-G16
Many thanks for your update, now home from France so will attack the N/S/R boot lamp in the morning, will remove the N/S rear boot panel and hopefully find the loom/plug for the interior light...Regards Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts