Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all

you will have no doubt come across this but i have just got myself a Treg with phone prep premium in the arm rest, this was 2nd hand and can not connet my Nokia, there is a black nokia box under the drivers seat , but when i try to connect it is trying to connect top the previous owners

can any one help as it seems a waste if i can not use it

·
mySantaFe
1,056 Posts
To all

you will have no doubt come across this but i have just got myself a Treg with phone prep premium in the arm rest, this was 2nd hand and can not connet my Nokia, there is a black nokia box under the drivers seat , but when i try to connect it is trying to connect top the previous owners

can any one help as it seems a waste if i can not use it
Have you looked through the manual on removing and adding Bluetooth devices?

Nokia phones have more chance than any at working with the VW system.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you looked through the manual on removing and adding Bluetooth devices?

Nokia phones have more chance than any at working with the VW system.
yes but the problem seems to be with the previous phone registered as i can do nothing with disconecting on the system , in the manual its straight forward but i have no cradle left from the previous owner

·
Mechanical Guru
2,874 Posts
If it has only been used with a phone in the cradle the telephone module will need to be reset so that it allows phone pairing without the cradle. Also the phone needs to have remote sim access enabled.

·
1,307 Posts
if you have a nokia phone with bluetooth you will be able to connect to the phone kit weather it is in the arm rest or not.

go to the menus for the phone on the MFD and find the bluetooth one if i remember correctly and there is a user menu. on there will be all your old user connections which you can delete and then you can pair your phones.

i have the cradle for the arm rest and use it with my phone as it charges it up whilst on the move, to be honest thats all it is a glorified charger!!

when my wife usues her phone she just leaves it in her handbag and it automatically connects when the car starts up because it has been paired already. you can even change users whilst on the move if you want.

·
Mechanical Guru
2,874 Posts
if you have a nokia phone with bluetooth you will be able to connect to the phone kit weather it is in the arm rest or not.

go to the menus for the phone on the MFD and find the bluetooth one if i remember correctly and there is a user menu. on there will be all your old user connections which you can delete and then you can pair your phones.

i have the cradle for the arm rest and use it with my phone as it charges it up whilst on the move, to be honest thats all it is a glorified charger!!

when my wife usues her phone she just leaves it in her handbag and it automatically connects when the car starts up because it has been paired already. you can even change users whilst on the move if you want.
When I went through this malarkey with ours there was nothing in the phone menu in the display apart from the instruction "insert phone". Once the phone module had been recoded to allow connection without a cradle pairing was successful and a menu appeared.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts