Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
48 Posts
Anybody seen a Blue car with black wheels in the flesh ? Looking at a shadow blue Touareg and have been offered a set of Techart GT's wheels at a very good price. I think they look quite good and the chrome ring around the outside sets off the chrome edging to the windows and detail along the doors nicely. Done a photo shop with my click and hope skills but the pictures i can get my hands on for the moment are not great.

this is a picture of the wheel for anybody that doesn't know.

Any opinions ?

·
Telemetrically Superb
2,993 Posts
Personally, I think it doesn't work. I just tried photoshopping a pic from the web and I reckon it ruins the balance of the whole car but then again, I've yet to see a non manufacturer mod that I like

I'd be looking for something specifically designed for the treg but like I say, its just my opinion

·
Elite Member
3,415 Posts
I've posted before that i could never understand someone blinging up their car,if I were buying I'd walk on by.
But it's whatever floats your boat..if you think it looks good ,then go for it,if you think it looks shit then I'm in complete agreement with you.

·
Elite Member
2,327 Posts
a sure way of splitting opinion but eloquently put nimrod , put me down for the shit ,
can understand the upgrade wheels but stick with original look ones , others do devalue the car & limit resale market as sako-bito is aware now

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Wilko,

Sake-Bito's car, to my mind, is trying to present itself (on appearance) as something that it aint.

I'm not a huge fan of modifications - my way of thinking is:
"If it aint what you want, get what you want. If you can't afford what you want, the time isn't right yet"

Where it doesn't matter to me one way or the other, I try to abide by the edict that: "If you can't say something nice, then don't say anything" but I hate seeing Touaregs messed about with.
If they don't like them the way they are - fine! Go look at something else!

Cheers,
John.

·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You lot are a prickly bunch aren't you.

Looking at the black wheels again it looked better in the flesh than in the pictures but still not right now we have had a think about it. So black wheels are out.

As for selling on a car and loosing money due to different wheels we will either still have to originals to stick back on or they will be sold and that should make up quite a bit of the difference to anything that could be lost.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Hi Davie,

Didn't mean to come across as being 'prickly' - but, you did ask for our opinions?!!

Anyway, glad you didn't opt for the black wheels after all!

Cheers,
John.

·
Elite Member
3,415 Posts
Ditto
You did ask for an opinion
,The concensus was ....ditch the blingwheels... sorry if it was the wrong result...but you did ask.

·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You're both right I did ask for opinions, they were just a little more abrupt than I'd expected having read through the forums for the past couple of months.

·
Telemetrically Superb
2,993 Posts
Nah - not prickly - but glad you came to your senses

I just have difficulty getting my head around making a luxury 4x4 look more Sarfend Pier than Savillle Row
. My mate compared it to going to a Michelin star restaurant, ordering Foie Gras with a compote of Chanterelles, then covering it in ketchup

There are certain cars that suit bling, and others that don't - The Treg is one of them (IMHO of course because each to their own
)

Seriously - If you want to see decent wheels, I'd say look at OEM's like the Siena's or Atheos - designed specifically for and to complement the car so you can say "look at my car" rather than "look at my wheels".

@ Okrang - I would get a set of V10 replica pipes for my 2.5 - not to make it look like a V10; more just because they look far better than the 2 bits of drain pipe VW supplied to get me to trade up
But yet again, there are none on the market that look as good as the real deal so I wouldn't bother

·
Elite Member
3,415 Posts
Davie,
this is the point of the forum..you'll get really good advice,I've had loads and it's saved me lots of time and money.
You'll also get opinions and unfortunately you won't always hear what you want.
Rest assured though,we won't lead you the wrong way and we have your best interests at heart.

·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nimrod said:
this is the point of the forum
Agreed and like I said it wasnt the answer to the question that surprised me it was the way it was put.

·
Premium Member
3,917 Posts
Hi Davie

Mate of mine has a Cayenne with those wheels, and it looks quite smart (for a Cayenne!)....but its black, which makes the difference...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts