Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was washing the treg. Not very often I know, but noticed the chrome trim was a bit loose on the rear passenger door. Any way the trim came off easily in my hands. Was about to araldite it back, but noticed had some double sided sticky trim tape on the shelves in the garage. Then spent the next 45 mins scraping off the old tape, before putting the new tape on. Stuck the trim back, and hey presto couldn't tell that it's ever fallen off.
Question. Does anybody else have tarnished marks on their chrome trim, and does vw ever replace them under warranty? I think since my tregs >5yrs old, bit difficult to claim on the paintwork warranty.

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
I believe this is a common problem- my dealer said it was caused by the chemicals used to de-wax the cars when they arrive at VW?s UK pre-delivery centre.
I had taken my car in to discuss the tarnished wheels (which as a result of the visit were replaced under warranty)- my dealer pointed out the dull/discoloured chrome trim to me and explained what caused it. The service manager said he could discuss it with VW but as it would have been a major job (my guess is the rear ? windows have to come out)- I decided to leave it alone.

Regards

Cas

1 - 2 of 2 Posts