Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

Registered
Looking forward to this day. At 1800kg MTPLM, as an inexperienced tower, I found our caravan was a little heavy to be comfortable for our Volvo XC70 (well, me really 馃榿). Couldn鈥檛 afford a late reg Discovery, so went for our Treg.

Well today, our towbar gets fitted, and I鈥檓 about to see if all the hassle has been worth it. Gone for a Westfalia Vertical Fitting Detachable, plus vehicle specific electrical connection kit and software coding. That鈥檒l have most bases covered I think, apart from possible cooling fan which I鈥檝e read about. Must admit I think I鈥檒l play that one by ear for a while.

All the specs say that the Treg will be much more suitable for our van; any issues from now on will be down to me probably. Have to say my reversing of an 8m long van is crap still, thank heavens for motor movers 馃榿
If you don't mind me asking Iain how much is the towbar set up costing you. I'll be looking to get one fitted
myself shortly.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Hi Boagie,

Total cost including software coding, vehicle dedicated wiring and mobile fitting was 拢779. This was for a Westfalia Detachable Towbar (Vertical Loading)

Chairman
That's a very good price!

Reactions: Iain_L
21 - 28 of 28 Posts