Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The main reason that I drive a luxury 4x4 is because of my caravanning and annual trip across Europe to the Alps. (I know it would be cheaper to take a Luxury cruise instead, but you can?t mountain bike on a cruise liner!).

I drove over 2,500 miles, mostly on motorways and have never had such a pleasurable experience as I had with the Treg. The car is so comfortable and stable ? even overtaking HGvs on a descent, the vehicle did not flinch at all. Some days, I had over 500 miles to cover (over 10 hours behind the wheel) and never once felt fatigued

Towing at 70mph, achieved 19mpg and at 60mph , 23mpg ? pretty good for a 4x4+van+bikes on roof.

Stayed on one site that had a 20% incline and hair-pin narrow bend to exit. I selected low ratio and navigated out with the engine on tick-over.

Acceleration was good also. Solo ,cruised comfortably on the Autobahn at 85mph. No snags with the car, but the DVD SatNav lost its position a couple of times (had TomTom on as well and it could see plenty of satellites)

This is the fourth 4x4 I have owned and is by far the best towcar that I have experienced. I?m glad that my reason for buying it has been justified !

·
Superman
2,258 Posts
Nice write up Jevs, our van is coming off site storage, and will be closer to home for more trips like yours, certainly was a dream towing it the two times I've had a van in tow

Lovely looking car btw, just like da management's...

I've yet to do a monster adventure like you... I don't think I'll post MPG figures tho....

Fatter engine + fatter van = Complimentary shares in Shell....

·
656 Posts
Hipflyguy said:
Fatter engine + fatter van
And, don't forget the fatter driver!!

·
Premium Member
3,917 Posts

·
656 Posts
Hipflyguy said:
Okay I'll accept that from the wanna be male model 'twiggy', but Tregger, I'm sure I saw you beating MJS off the pie table for some plum duff and custard....
No, not me.....my body is a Temple.
A Temple of Doom!!!

·
Premium Member
3,917 Posts
Hipflyguy said:
Tregger, I'm sure I saw you beating MJS off ....
HFG!!!! :shock: :shock:

A bit below the belt!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts