Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner

Beadles Bromley 8/10 - revised to 1/10 - :thumbs down:

10K views 36 replies 15 participants last post by  Nimrod 
#1 ·
Picked up my Touareg last weekend
from Beadles of Bromley, i was not given a proper sales check as its called !!!

T-reg had a few scratches and a couple of chips,and some over spray on the bumper from another scratch they had found!!!

Also the 12v socket cap thing was missing from the center console, along with the Handbooks :bashwall:

i got no sales reciept or my prt/ex cheque( in my excited rush i forgot to ask, but should not have had to)
....So when i arrived home gave them a call,was told i would get a call on monday...nothing.....tuesday.......nothing etc untill today(Thursday), When I had to call them :thumbsdown: ( i had asked the manager to call me..but he never did) :thumbsdown:

SO off i went back today,went over the car with another sales fella ( Micheal Bate) very helpful, sorting out my Handbooks/ scratches/chips, booked in for next friday....I also advise him that they was getting me a T-reg unlimited day..so watch this space...

All in all a poor start that took a while to get sorted, but should never have happened in the first place..

Anyone else used Beadles Bromley?

Lee

See less See more
#2 ·
:bashwall: Took Treg back to Beadles Bromley Friday, went over the original problems again with the original salesman as last guy was in a "meeting"...

Told the story all over again, showed him the probs i have, they have taken the car for a few days, gave me a "Jetta tdi" not exactly the same, and it's filthy and stinks inside...

The Alloy as to be done by another company who they get in for this kind of thing, it would not have killed them just to replace the bloody thing....

Also after booking the appointment over week ago, still got there and waited over an hour, because they had not organised the curt car. :bashwall:

My original mark out of 10, is way over generous, so i am changing it too: Beadles of Bromley 1/10....

They need a strong lesson in selling expensive cars.... :thumbsdown:

I shall be writing to VW to express my anger and treatment i have received from this dealership.... :badbad:

apologies for the rant..

p.s still no handbooks.....

Lee

#4 ·
Hello Buster,

I'm not sure they give them anymore?
they are going to replace with a 12v plug-in cap?
very poor service from this dealer, emailed manager twice, with no reply..
i have seen those torches on ebay..?20 prob buy one of those later.
its the handbooks i want most as i cannot set anything up i.e seats,conv settings etc...
One quick ? is there "lazy lock" on the treg

cheers
Lee

#6 ·
No sorry mate,

I mean when you hold down the lock on the key fob, it closes all windows,sun roof etc at once.

I have tried it and asked the dealer but no luck, is it something that as to be set up??

cheers

Lee

#8 ·
Lee is this a new car you have purchased ?

Even if it's second hand i would not even have handed the money over. I would have walked away and told
them to go to hell.

No manual e.t.c. This is no service at all.

Are they selling touaregs like hot cakes in your area and is this kind of money now peanuts to them ?

I got the 1L oil and the torch. Would not have accepted the car otherwise. I set the conditions as soon
as i dealt with my deler. Second best was not going to be good enough and we both knew it.

Maybe i was lucky but then after reading this forum for 3 months before purchase i was better informed
than my dealer and was aware of the missing torch issue.

Also my dealerership has been good so far (Martins Basingstoke)

I guess its too late now for you since you have handed the money over.

I wish you luck with your letter and hope you get the service you deserve.

#9 ·
Hi Guys, the remote closing of windows etc, can be done by VAG COM however I haven't got one although I have been thinking about it. As I did do the Phaeton with a friends set up. I have as all of you have via vortex the complete list to do this. It just needs the list from your Treg and which codes to change. I believe the reason for not doing this is in the UK as a standard safety code. Gods knows what safety code it infringes I don't know!!!!!.

#10 ·
pilgrim said:
Hi Guys, the remote closing of windows etc, can be done by VAG COM however I haven't got one although I have been thinking about it. As I did do the Phaeton with a friends set up. I have as all of you have via vortex the complete list to do this. It just needs the list from your Treg and which codes to change. I believe the reason for not doing this is in the UK as a standard safety code. Gods knows what safety code it infringes I don't know!!!!!.
yes this annoys me as well. Considering it was a standard feature on my Mondeo its rediculous not to
have it on the touareg. This is especially true since the "close windows by turning the key in the doorlook
and holding it in a certain position does not allways seem to work".

The keyless start thing also has a big weakness. The inablity to auto unlock the doors when you press the button to switch the ignition off. The button does not seem to totally replace the "key in the ignition" setup.
This is also poor.

still minor woes in the big picture of a "great car" but still irritating all the same.

#12 ·
BJS said:
what's your problem. U have a second hand Treg with a few issues. Most second hand vehicles come with a few issues of some sort?
Nothing like a bit of support from a fellow Treg driver

Keep up the good work BJS !!!

Hope you get the probs sorted new or old makes no difference

#19 ·
And I thought this post was about poor dealer service.

I'm newish to the site, I must be missing something.

You spend ?25k to ?30k on a new or second hand vehicle, you should expect it to be sorted by the dealer if its got a problem straight away !

Or have I lost the plot.

If we accept useless service from dealers thats all we will get.

Now I'm rantinggggggggggggggggggggggg.

#21 ·
Just a quick update, Beadles had my Treg for 2weeks,apparently the Co that refrub the Atheo's where closed for summer!!!!!! :thumbsdown: also had to completly respray bonnet to remove deep scratch....

Got my Handbooks at last, bought one of those little torches off Ebay.....

BUT :angry2: Treg got brought back to me yesterday, completly filthy,looked like it had been stuck at the back of the dealer car park and left (prob was)

I looked over the car to make sure as told all work was done :thumbsdown: No No No...

Missed the second biggest scratch of all as i have pointed out to them 100 times,another chip on drivers door i pointed out to them,BUT to top it all off "Someone" as SCUFFED the passenger wing mirror (big scuff) and front Wing (tinyscuff, but not the point) :angry2:

Soooooooooo back it goe's again saturday,after a lengthy conversation to VW customer services.
I asked if i could take it too another dealer, but was refused by Beadles as they do not want to pay someone else to carry out the work.

But tonight when i spoke to the sales guy i bought it from (mention no names), he says to repair the scratches etc, costs them as they may have to respray the door/panel....like i care :excl:

I will of course keep you informed as to what the final out come maybe, but i have had the Treg 1 month,but its been too the dealer for 3weeks of that :thumbsdown: ... Also told "VW are thinking of discontinuing unlimited day" through lack of interest ( more like dealers don't tell us as its another bit of work for them to do)...Watch this space.

#23 ·
Only been to Beadles Bromley once, to view the R32's they had in stock. The forecourt and the pound was absolutely packed and they were continually moving cars to accomodate test drives and servicing etc. I had to park some distance up the road.

That said I find it increasingly difficult to find parking spaces in the North Kent VW sites I went to Beadles Maidstone to buy some oil this afternoon and there were no parking spaces. Just had to dump the car in the driveway (along with a number of other people) and rush into the parts department. Amazingly, considering the number of vehicles parked, there were no punters in the showroom although one or two could have been out on test drives. JCB in Gillingham is not much better although they have recently reorganised the site to accomodate extra parking.

By the way, at Beadles Bromley I sat in the two R32's they had in the showroom and spent some time peering into the used mkV R32 on the forecourt yet despite sales persons free nobody came to ask if they could help me!!!

#24 ·
Yes i agree with both of you there, their are not returning my calls either,still be getting another call tomorrow, then if no luck back onto VW cust services...

#25 ·
lee1973 said:
Yes i agree with both of you there, their are not returning my calls either,still be getting another call tomorrow, then if no luck back onto VW cust services...
That's pretty pants service - unfortunately I know from personal bitter experience that it the "56-plate" rush when dealers couldn't give a monkies about after-sales stuff - all they want to see is new cars flying out the door (almost by themselves).

I test drove an Audi Allroad a few years ago (right about the change of plate time too) and was waiting for the dealer to get back to us with trade-in No.'s, finance deal, etc. Waited 2 days & several phone calls... eventually walked back in to the showroom, and he said "okay, figures, I still need to look at them - let's do it now". No car on the system to quote on. One of his salesmen colleagues had sold the car the previous day.

That was Audi in Crawley (just off the M23). Haven't been back since. Obviously. :excl:

#26 ·
I bought my 54 plate treg from Beadles Bromley a month or so ago. Communication from Pat in sales was good and all calls promised to me were made on time. Had to wait a while for delivery whilst a few details were sorted, but worth waiting for. Paintwork repairs weren't perfect, but I've never seen a spot repair which is - nothing I can't sort though. Repair to a fairly big tear in the leather was amazing. The only real complaint I'd have is that the car wasn't particularly well valeted - took me a couple of hours of cleaning at home to get it looking as good as new - but in the grand scheme of things that's not that big a deal.

Lee, I know how frustrating it is when a dealer doesn't perform - I received a disgusting level of service at Mercedes Orpington and Beckenham for the past three years. Both garages had my C Class in for the same fault a total of 9 times and were unable/unwilling to diagnose the problem - the last time it went in they still didn't fix it despite me giving them a full written description of the problem (which they didn't read), that was the final straw that prompted me to get rid of the Merc at the earliest opportunity, which is how I ended up here after deciding to fork out on a treg to replace it! All this after paying ?800 a year for a Mercedes extended warranty. I'm getting angry again just writing about it!

Let's hope I have a better experience with VW if I have any problems or it comes to service time..

TRL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.