Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 55 plate 2.5 tdi Touareg with a 6 speed autobox with the following fault.
The gear box intermittently sticks in 5th gear the following fault codes were found 00266 solenoid 5-N92 sporadic or blocked or without voltage.
Can anyone help with this fault?
Thx Ron

·
Ex-Treg owner
1,984 Posts
Hi Ron & welcome to the forum. Sorry I can't help with your question, but something will come up, hopefully. We do have occassional visits from a very informative Tregtech - if your question isn't picked up, you could try a PM (personal message) to him.

G

·
Hi Ron,

I was digging around for some info to help you with this issue and I have come across a fantastic VW pdf covering the design and function of the 09D auto box. Only problem is it is 5mb which means I can't upload it (Any ideas Kaine
: ). It states "If the solenoid valve is defective or if there is a fault in the circuit, switching of gears 3, 5 and R may be harder." which I guess ties in with your issue. This link from Ross-Tech Wiki http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php/00266 backs up the theory that it looks as though it is an issue with the wiring or the solenoid itself.

Basically the N92 solenoid is part of the valve chest that is bolted to the bottom of the box and does all the gear change magic. I know my beast had a new valve chest at around 57k (before I took ownership) for "clonking from 5th to 6th" as per the history I got VW to print out for me. I think a couple of other guys on here have also had a new valve chest fitted but not sure of the reasons. It looks as though it comes as a complete unit making the individual solenoid a non-maintenance item but I am no expert.

I hope this goes some way to helping you and doesn't scare the **** out of you :wink:

Please update us with any further info

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi guys Thx for the information fault was traced to poor resistance in the wiring due to contamination with gearbox oil which was leaking from the gearbox speed sensor multi-plug
New Sensor Pt no V09D 927 363 D wiring repaired + new oil and gaskets.

Ron

·
Chairman
19,968 Posts
For future reference for anyone else searching for info, couold you tell us how much it cost?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts