Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner

Anyone with TV

3K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  steveh 
#1 ·
We've lost the sound from the TV in our Treg. Actually the picture doesn't look quite right either. The Tregs battery ran flat last week - I think one of the kids had left a reading light on - could this have anything to do with it?

Any ideas would be much appreciated - you don't appreciate TV in the car until you haven't got it.

#3 ·
Thanks Kaine. It's got to go in for a service soon anyway so I'll get them to have a look. I was just wondering if it was something obvious that could be fixed without paying a dealer to do it. I had a feeling it wouldn't be. :roll:

#4 ·
In most cases if the battery is well down the system will shut down most non essential items such as TV etc, until the battery is up to a sufficient level of charge. With the AGM battery it is important not to let it go completely flat.

#5 ·
It does seem too much of a coincidence that it's gone wrong following the battery going flat. Hopefully the dealer will be able to sort it out - we live in hope :roll: .

G
#6 ·
steveh said:
It does seem too much of a coincidence that it's gone wrong following the battery going flat. Hopefully the dealer will be able to sort it out - we live in hope :roll: .
go into the settings menu and one of the settings allows you to change countries you need to select pal gb eur to get your sound back will look tomorrow and try and give a better discription of how

G
#7 ·
touareg techy][QUOTE="steveh said:
It does seem too much of a coincidence that it, "]go into the settings menu and one of the settings allows you to change countries you need to select pal gb eur to get your sound back will look tomorrow and try and give a better discription of how
right select tv when on screen press the right hand button to bring up the menu once in select settings and scroll down to highlight standard tv once the button is rotated the display in blue at the bottom changes u want pal 1 uk Ireland this will restore your sound :roll:

#8 ·
Thanks for the reply but the dealer sorted it for us when the car went in for another issue to be dealt with.

They did it for free as well :shock:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.