Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Sorry for the total nooooob (nob) question!

Looking to change the tyres to AT or AS. Wheel size is 21". Cant find many options for tyres in 21", any ideas? Just want soemthing that can cope with minor off road stuff, but good in snow etc and in an ideal world (as if) could keep running all year round.

Is it worth getting a new set of wheels to go with new tyres? I was thinking it might be good to reduce the wheel size, to then increase the tyre wall height so the rolling circumference (?) is the same. Would this make sense?

Any 21" wheel owner out there with any previous experience??

Cheers my dears!

:)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not got 21" wheels but do have 18" wheels with Vredestein M/S tyres. I've not got it stuck yet going up deeply rutted paths but they have their limitations. I'm just planning on running the M/S all year round as from what I believe they will last every bit as long. Being the deeper section I would suspect they will roll more on corners but that's not a big issue for me as I'm not throwing into corners anyway.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'm considering Vredestein Quatrac Pro AS tyres for my 21". I believe they come in your 275/45 R21 size (I think that's the correct size for the T4 21" wheels). Black Grouse is using them on his T4..

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ta for the heads up! i had a quick read and they sound good, plus the company (which i had never heard of before) seem to get really good reviews.

:)

·
Registered
42 Posts
I got Pirelli top of the range Scorpion Zero All Season Tyres in 275/45 R21 110W (Extra Load, All Season Tyres, Pirelli Noise Canclelling) from Asda for a good price recently. £724.

While they're Mud+Snow marked but I haven't really tested them yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts