Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've fitted a Pioneer single din CD player with built in Bluetooth to my Touareg. The Dash kits and wiring harnesses are readily available though you will lose the use of the radio display on the DIS. I also have an iPod connector with the lead routed to the storage cubby beneath the head unit.

Eventually I plan to upgrade to a Pioneer or Kenwood double din unit.

Here's some pics -

·
Chairman
20,048 Posts
I'd be concerned this now makes the car worth breaking into.

·
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The front flips down and detaches from the main unit and gets taken into the house at night or well hidden if parked somewhere. And the iPod is never left in the car either.

I'll post some pics with the front down and detached tomorrow.

G

·
Heres mine,

Cost for headunit, reverse camera, ipod dock, rear screens, wiring harness and dash fitting bracket approx ?1,100.

My car has tinted windows and to be honest unless you were looking closely you would not notice the head unit (see pic from door I have attached))

Head unit has Sat Nav and DVD built in + can store movies on Ipod to play to rear screens (presently have about 20 to keep son entertained!)

G

·
Hi

I Installed it all myself and cut up the original headrests to fit the screens (from memory the screens were about ?75 each).

There is a post on here about it,

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=6677

I had a little accident with a stanley knife and riped one of the headrests but luckilly managed to get it re-trimmed for ?60.

Took a weekend (I was extremley careful removing trim etc) and other than the accident with the headrest it really was very easy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts