Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, is the adblue tank always in the same location (under spare wheel)? I picked my 2014 touareg up yesterday and found there is nothing under the spare wheel.

Many thanks

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hi all, is the adblue tank always in the same location (under spare wheel)? I picked my 2014 touareg up yesterday and found there is nothing under the spare wheel.
No, that was with early models. Later models moved the filler opening next to the regular fuel tank filler.

·
Lifelong Motorhead
2,880 Posts
The T3 (-2014) was Euro 5 and didn't use Adblue - the T4 (2015-2019) is Euro 6 and uses Adblue, the tank is under a hump under the spare wheel with the filler on the hump - the T5 (2019-) uses Adblue but has the filler next to the fuel filler.

·
Lifelong Motorhead
2,880 Posts
Thanks Black Grouse looks like mine is a T3 / euro 5
It's a bonus as long as you don't need to go into any city Low Emission Zones as only Euro 6 diesels get in for free - and Euro 4/5/6 petrols and electrics of course.

·
Registered
211 Posts
It's a bonus as long as you don't need to go into any city Low Emission Zones as only Euro 6 diesels get in for free - and Euro 4/5/6 petrols and electrics of course.
True but knowing various governments and local authorities it won't be that long until Euro 6 get charged as well

1 - 8 of 8 Posts