Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
Collected my first Treg early December 2008 which is a 3 litre V6 TDI.

Absolutely loving it, all bar one complaint which is driving me "INSANE". :evil:

The wipers especially the drivers side are almost always very noisy,and not especially good at clearing area of vision.You know what its like when something start to irritate you it becomes impossible to ignore!!!!

Ive looked at various threads which seem to deal with older models,so was just wondering if anyone has any clue as to the best plan of action to resolve this.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
26 Posts
same with ours (53 reg 2.5r5) but since its been in with VW for 6 days now getting put right the wipers are a bit lower down on our list but you are right, very annoying.

·
886 Posts
Wipers on our 06 Treg have always been poor & noisy!

Tried some new replacement rubbers last year from a German company on Ebay but they were just as bad!!

Recently stumpt up for a pair of genuine Bosch wipers again off Ebay for circa ?35 and to be honest they are now perfect.

so much so I noew enjoy turning on the wipers and getting a perfectly clear screen without the screech

Why these new blades should be better than the VW OEM fit I do not know but they certainly are.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Tom

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers guys

I have taken your advice Tadpole and ordered a set of Bosch from Ebay.Will let you know how they are when i finally get them fitted.Lets face it they cant be any worse!

Thanks again

·
Registered
76 Posts
After reading the forum for issues around the wipers and seeing that some people had theirs resolved under warranty I asked VW............ this is the response :x

I am sorry to hear about the issues that you are currently experiencing with the windscreen wipers on your Touareg.

I can confirm that this is not a known issue within the Touareg's, however, the vehicle would need to be taken to a Volkswagen Approved Retailer for them to diagnose.
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:

·
Telemetrically Superb
2,993 Posts
AdamYates said:
After reading the forum for issues around the wipers and seeing that some people had theirs resolved under warranty I asked VW............ this is the response :x

I am sorry to hear about the issues that you are currently experiencing with the windscreen wipers on your Touareg.

I can confirm that this is not a known issue within the Touareg's, however, the vehicle would need to be taken to a Volkswagen Approved Retailer for them to diagnose.
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
Yes there is - my wipers were replaced as part of the 90D7 recall and they are as right as ninepence now

Wouldn't be surprised to see VW using up old stock in these hard times

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks - I have just rung dealer to find out if 90D7 affects my 06 Treg and they say computer does not say it needs it!

As I have not owned from new, do you think it is worth ringing the dealer who did the last service for the previous owner to see if they did anything?

·
Telemetrically Superb
2,993 Posts
It's always worth a try

Remember, though, that 90D7 upgrades do differ by chassis number - with some cars needing upgrades, others not

Also - 90D7 recall stopped in December so it may have come off the system

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Tadpole

Many thanks for the advice.
My BOSCH AEROTWIN 943S wipers purchased on Ebay were fitted tonight and the the difference is like night and day.
No smearing and now silent, no judder whotsoever.

Thanks again,

·
Registered
76 Posts
mjstubley said:
It's always worth a try

Remember, though, that 90D7 upgrades do differ by chassis number - with some cars needing upgrades, others not

Also - 90D7 recall stopped in December so it may have come off the system
Thanks, I have mailed the dealer who did the previous service to see if they had a record of performing anything under 90D7 and also VW Luxury Support for a record of what should have been done for my CN and what has been done and claimed for under the warranty

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Nimrod said:
Chaps ,
Are these easy to fit?
Tom?
XIbrox?
Yes, takes 5-10mins depending whether you're changing 1 or 2 wipers.

·
400 Posts
yes, lift the wiper and turn the blade 90 degrees to the arm. push the blade away from the arm (downwards in the park position) i think, its been a while.

recon i can beat staffs, its a 1-2 min job both sides. Ready...Set...Go

·
400 Posts
Done

·
886 Posts
X18ROX said:

Tadpole

Many thanks for the advice.
My BOSCH AEROTWIN 943S wipers purchased on Ebay were fitted tonight and the the difference is like night and day.
No smearing and now silent, no judder whotsoever.

Thanks again,
So glad they have done the trick for you too!!!

Amazing result for what had become a real " Pain in the Ar*e"

I also use Rain-ex as well but that was started primarily to try and avoid using the wipers at all!!

Cheers

Tom

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
can confirm, if it takes you longer than 2 mins then your only making it last so the wife thinks you are busy

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
jsmills said:
yes, lift the wiper and turn the blade 90 degrees to the arm. push the blade away from the arm (downwards in the park position) i think, its been a while.

recon i can beat staffs, its a 1-2 min job both sides. Ready...Set...Go
I reckon you cheated
, unless you were outside with the laptop in your vehicle
. Takes me at least 10 mins even to get out of the house, open the garage door, and reverse the treg out, even before opening the wiper blade package and fitting the blades.

·
400 Posts
staffs said:
I reckon you cheated
ok you got me i didnt really do it :oops:

staffs said:
Takes me at least 10 mins even to get out of the house, open the garage door, and reverse the treg out, even before opening the wiper blade package and fitting the blades
wish mine fitted in the garage, i can get it in slowly but cant open the door to get out

·
Chairman
19,971 Posts
Never seen the point of putting a car in the garage - that space is for bikes, prams, bits of wood, old paint and a boat for God's sake!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts