Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone done this firmware update yet?

·
'Ow bist?
1,084 Posts
I have access to a copy of 2660 but I haven't installed it. Basically, I'm not sure whether the dealers are upgrading to 2660 yet.

What's your understanding of the status of this update, Stu? Is it released for the Touareg?

Chris

·
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Wurz, no i don't think it has been released for the Treg i think it's more other vehicles in the group especially Skoda and limited VW. People on VW Navi seem to have done it and report good things about it and the new features it brings though.

I quite fancy a go with it looks quite exciting. If you have a good copy of it already i would appreciate either a link to where you got it or a loan of your disc please...

·
'Ow bist?
1,084 Posts
Yes, that's what I was thinking. A member on another forum has posted this:

"... there are different release dates around the world and most of the VW agents i know are not the most pro-active bunch and will not upgrade or know what the latest version of firmware is. The 2660 firmware will eventually make it to the agents but from my past experience it normally takes a long long time for some or other reason!"

I don't have ready access to VAGCOM (which you need to access something called the "hidden menu", apparently), so that's another reason why I haven't given it a go. But flick me a PM and I'll point you in the right direction. :wink:

This is a list of the upgrades that we were told of; do you know of any more?

- voice control
- speed limit
- on display together OPS and rear cam ( like audi)
- SDHC 32 GB
- swich off display
- menu for setings climatronic on screen when using the new climatronic module
- clock display when the display is turned off.

If you do it, be sure to let me know how you got on.

Chris

·
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
chris, thanks for your reply. The list you have put up just about covers the main features i think. From my understanding though if you are running 1100 or above already, it is just a matter of putting the disc in and bobs your uncle with no loss of data!!
This only applies to 1100 and above though so you shouldn't need to have access to VAG computer.

I will PM you though because i really am a gadget freek and must have this firmware!!.. :oops:

·
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have just installed this firmware today and it works a treat, now all i need is someone with the vag computer to try and switch on the voice activation for me!!

at least i have a clock on my screen now so always know the time even when the cruise is on...

·
108 Posts
hi all
what mdf is this for please

thanks
graham

·
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
graham, i have got an rns510 with the colour drivers display i think that is mfd3???, please correct me if i am wrong!!

but the firmware is nothing to do with that, or at least i don't think so, again correct me if i am wrong!

the firmware loads straight into the head unit and adds things and re-programs others.

·
108 Posts

·
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
looks a good kit, i have been on these guys web site before. i was under the impression that you needed the vag com to adjust setting to activate the voice control!!

·
60 Posts
Sounds good....any ideas where I can get this update from?

Thanks

Rob

·
55 Posts
I too would be very interested in the location of the files, the 32gb sd card seems a real treat!!!

Thanks in advance.

mike

·
Registered
11 Posts
Please can someone explain to me what this is all about? I have just bought a 2004 2.5TDI and wondering if I would benefit from the update? ...would I get any new features? etc

·
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
darrenldn, i am no expert in what units are fitted into which cars, but this firmware is for the RNS 510 which is the touch screen unit, if you have one of these the upgrade will give you lots of new toys to play with..

·
'Ow bist?
1,084 Posts
@darrenldn - Your vehicle was fitted with the RNS2 unit in 2004. This update won't help you.

Welcome to the forum, btw!

Chris

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
stu said:
found this info i think it explains things quite well

http://www.my-gti.com/1233/volkswagen-r ... w-features
I'd love to have a go at this, but it seems to be too flaky, with all sorts of different issues (but am willing to be convinced
).

I have a rns-510 in an 08 treg altitude, how do i find out which version of firmware i have. I have the box for the maps, so even i can work that out.

·
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi all, i am now the proud owner of a fully updated RNS 510 (version C) This is as a result of installing the 2662 Firmware. I now have all the latest features including full voice activation on every part of the system from changing radio stations to programming the sat nav without pushing a button...

I would like to say a VERY BIG THANK YOU to Paul (Geraout) for kindly making his VAG COM (VCDS) available to me this morning to make this all possible.

Go on you know you want to....

·
'Ow bist?
1,084 Posts
I'm guessing the voice activation only works if you have the factory bluetooth kit though, stu?

·
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Chris, have a look at this link and it will explain what is needed to sort the voice activation if you don't have a mic already fitted.

http://www.my-gti.com/1234/volkswagen-r ... ce-control.

have you tried installing the firmware yet???

If you use the link on page one supplied by Graham.. you can still buy a genuine mic with the firmware disc for ?20. You have it all now mate, just need to do it!!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts