Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, looking to get a set to chuck on the wifes Treg but both of us really like the "new RS4" style and I hear a few people on here have them on their Treg.

Question is................... can I see some pics of your wheels to further help me decide( any aftermarket 22's will do - you may have a set I like even more :shock: )

Cheers!

WUZ

·
749 Posts
StevoKenevo said:
Hey Wuz here is a pic of my Treg with 22" RS4 style wheels hope this helps.

Has having 22'z killed the ride ?

Mind you who cares when it looks that good lol

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
StevoKenevo said:
Hey Wuz here is a pic of my Treg with 22" RS4 style wheels hope this helps.

I like your number plate
. I reckon they'll fool any traffic cameras

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Furion have to say that the ride feels fine IMO but I had the wheels fitted before picking the car up so I have never had the opportunity to get the feel of the standard rims, sorry this doesn`t answer your question.

·
749 Posts
StevoKenevo said:
Hi Furion have to say that the ride feels fine IMO but I had the wheels fitted before picking the car up so I have never had the opportunity to get the feel of the standard rims, sorry this doesn`t answer your question.
Thanks Stevo, I have a dodgey back so the ride is important for me, that said when it looks that good i could considet putting up with the pain lol

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey,

I'm new to the forum and just finding my way with the site. I have a 2006 Altitude tdi, l am thinking about putting bigger wheels on the car. I am thinking of going 22" (especially when l see the look of the RS4 wheels!!) My only concern would be do you think such big wheels would just look bulky with the size and depth of the existing wheel arch? Is it an idea to lower the car? I see eibach do a lowering kit which lowers the vehicle by 30mm front and back.

Any thoughts and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Chairman
19,968 Posts
When this last came up I think the consensus was 20 inch is about the max you want to go to if you want to retain a half reasonable ride and some degree of grip in mud and snow.

·
47 Posts
Hi. I have 22 Khan RSD. Seen what you think. When I put the 20 ayres rock back on to get them all changed at the last service (under warranty) it looked somewhat(cannot think what to say).
Cheers Joe

Attachments

·
Chairman
19,968 Posts
[quote name='Joereg' When I put the 20 ayres rock back on to get them all changed at the last service (under warranty) it looked somewhat(cannot think what to say) ...
[/quote]

Better?

·
47 Posts
No not realy, When I looked out from my living room window I was not sure if some scallywag had nicked the 20's and put her on bricks, so rushed out. luckly the 20's were still on so took them straight off and put back in my garage and put mi 22's back on so I no it has some wheels on!. But everyone to there own
. LOL. Cheers Joe

·
Chairman
19,968 Posts
THIS is the way to fill up the wheel arches with 265/70/17s . . . !

DestMTs1.jpg

Attachments

·
47 Posts
That offside front looks a bit close to the legal limit. Don't do much mud driving myself but I bet there great in it.

·
Chairman
19,968 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts