Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my Touareg arrived on Friday, the fuel level was just above the red dashes. I filled her up for £100 and the range only says 475 miles!!!!

I know, its a much heavier vehicle and obv a V8, but 475 miles for over £100????? Yikes!!! Does that sound about right?! I hope not!!! My old Mistubishi got be 350 miles for £65...

Thanks

·
Registered
2013 Touareg R line V8 Diesel
22 Posts
My V8TDI shows 1240 km when the 100l tank is filled. That is about 10% optimistic The V6 which I think has a smaller 85l tank but gets better economy should show over 1000km / 600 miles I would have thought. The range is calculated I believe from the stored long term consumption or consumption from previous fill what are those showing

·
Lifelong Motorhead
2,928 Posts
Firstly, it's a V6 not a V8 - and all car computers calculate range based on fuel remaining and previous rate of consumption - if it's recently been used for towing or congested urban use, that'll have been at lower mpg - depending on options when new, the tank is "only" 85 litres. On filling, my range goes over 700 miles but then I've got the 100 litre tank.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Firstly, it's a V6 not a V8 - and all car computers calculate range based on fuel remaining and previous rate of consumption - if it's recently been used for towing or congested urban use, that'll have been at lower mpg - depending on options when new, the tank is "only" 85 litres. On filling, my range goes over 700 miles but then I've got the 100 litre tank.
Hi. Yes, my bad; it is of course a V6!!! Thanks for your response. With any luck the range will go up....

Cheers

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hi. Yes, my bad; it is of course a V6!!! Thanks for your response. With any luck the range will go up....

Cheers
Reset the computer and just start again with it. Explains how to reset it in owners manual

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Reset the computer and just start again with it. Explains how to reset it in owners manual
Hi. Thanks for the heads up. Any idea how you download the user manul from vw? All i can find is an 'online' manual and it a bit of a PITA to go thru...

Cheers

·
Registered
229 Posts
So my Touareg arrived on Friday, the fuel level was just above the red dashes. I filled her up for £100 and the range only says 475 miles!!!!

I know, its a much heavier vehicle and obv a V8, but 475 miles for over £100????? Yikes!!! Does that sound about right?! I hope not!!! My old Mistubishi got be 350 miles for £65...

Thanks
Most modern MPG predicting system calculate on previous driving habits
It will update as you drive along, but easiest is to reset and drive from fill to fill

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hi. Thanks for the heads up. Any idea how you download the user manul from vw? All i can find is an 'online' manual and it a bit of a PITA to go thru...

Cheers
They are usually PDF’s and the viewer often has a toolbar that appears at the bottom of the page that has a download option

·
Registered
261 Posts
Most modern MPG predicting system calculate on previous driving habits
It will update as you drive along, but easiest is to reset and drive from fill to fill
I’ve got a pdf manual for mine (2015), pm me if you want a copy of it

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I’ve got a pdf manual for mine (2015), pm me if you want a copy of it
thanks for the offer mate, might just take you up on that. the vw site displays the manual in a really awkward way.... will have a look tomoz to see if i can DL it.

cheers

·
Registered
81 Posts

Thanks
Brimmed mine this week and it showed a range of 760 miles. Obviously had a reasonable relaxed drive during the last tank.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi mate. This thread was about Touareg 2017, not the newer model.

Cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts