Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I need to get a new set of wheel centre caps and I am really struggling to find the correct size. I purchased some from ebay and they are 70mm, I cannot seem to find any center caps which are around 80mm as the ones which are currently on my car measure around 80mm from end to end.

The 70mm ones which I got, do look slightly smaller and as I am going to get my alloys refurbished, I will get them to change the caps for me, but I just need to know if these are the right size.

Looking forward to your advice.......

·
Registered
T1 2.5 SE, Sport
519 Posts
80mm is the visible external size? If you're going to replace them anyway remove one and measure the internal dimension.

An easy way to remove one from the wheel is to simply punch a screwdriver right through the centre, twist and pull. If they're genuine VW there will be a part number which you can search for online, but either way you'll have internal and external dimensions to aid your search for replacements.

·
Chairman
20,138 Posts
The bagful I bought from eBay China cost the same as just one wheel centre from VW and not one of them lost the VW badge - unlike the genuine items!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Whichever ones you get, give them a couple of coats of clearcoat lacquer before fitting them to help avoid the corrosion they seem to get

·
Registered
241 Posts
The bagful I bought from eBay China cost the same as just one wheel centre from VW and not one of them lost the VW badge - unlike the genuine items!
+1

VW number 7L6601149

And they're 76mm in diameter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts