Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
72 Posts
I had posted a few posts down shortly after I got the car, but this weekend was the first time I got to give it a proper clean and take some proper photos. Rundown of process;

Washed using 2 buckets, lambswoll mitt and meguiars shampoo plus,
Arches and wheels washed with Bilberry wheel cleaner and microfibre mitt
Dried with waffle weave drying towel and meguiars quick detailer
Door shuts wiped down with microfibre & quick detailer
Glass cleaned with Autoglym fast glass
Coat of Werkstadt Acrylic Prime applied and buffed off
Coat of Werkstadt Acrylic Jett trigger applied and buffed off
Plastics & arches dressed with Autoglym Vinyl & rubber care
Interior hoovered

I only got about 1.5-2hrs to do this while my 18 month old son has his afternoon nap!! I also did my A4 on Sunday and a friends Toyota Agyo too.. all 3 cars got some polish.. I'm knackered today..

Enjoy!!

·
Chairman
19,968 Posts
Are you taking bookings?!

·
29 Posts
yeh youve done an excellent job there thats a nice clean motor
hubby does ours im too short i cant do roofs lol

·
Chairman
19,968 Posts
Would that have been an elephant's stool then?

Now where's my hat and coat . . .

·
Super Moderator
15,678 Posts
Great job - you must have been going like Billy Whiz..................................

Also did mine Sunday morning and it took me over an hour just to wash it !!!

2 buckets, Megs Gold Class shampoo, microfibre wash mit and quick waft over with water magnet drying towel : )

Being a lazy bugger and running out of time, I didn't properly dry off the roof and got streaks all over the side and rear - must drive faster next time.

Cass

·
Chairman
19,968 Posts
Bucket [only one and never refilled of course], cheap Halford's brush, squirt of Fairy Liquid . . . proper job. And about once a year.

·
Super Moderator
15,678 Posts
Straight to detailing hell for you Nooby !

Fairy liquid - bet you had a crush for Nanette Newman as well : )

Cass

·
Chairman
19,968 Posts
Nanette . . . . phwoaaaaar!

Prince P used to bonk her on country house weekends at Kirtlington Park, the polo ground near Oxford and Emma Forbes was their daughter [all ALLEGED of course]

A friend was a regular house guest as a young teenager and the adults thought the kids hadn't a clue!

·
Telemetrically Superb
2,993 Posts
Emma Forbes - phwoaaaar. Thinking mans crumpet and well connected obviously

Me? its down to Vlad and Sergei this afternoon for the harsher than Fairy treatment - and a free smelly that wouldn't grace the bog

Only because while driving from Bradford to Carmarthen and back yesterday (600 miles of Treg heaven!!!) I had to clean the salt off the passengers and drivers door windows so I could see out - muckier than Jo Guest it was

Nice detailing - certainly doesn't look like a 2004 model

·
717 Posts
I'm saying nothing about you nutters that spend more than 10 minutes washing your motors!

Last time I criticised the detailing Mafia, they sent me to Coventry....................................and I don't live anywhere near !

·
Chairman
19,968 Posts
You want mucky? Abi Titmuss!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts