Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a serious peoblem with my 05 2.5 tdi toureg, the vehicle will not start & there is no power any of the dash controls or central locking. the vehicle has been with the auto electrician after vw advised it would be best to get them to look at it? the electrician cannot find the fault. only that three fuses on the car keep blowing the fans, cigarette lighter & rear diff fuse.. He has been unable to get hold of the wiring diagram for the car as vw refuse to give this information out anymore.
has any one had a similar problem?? or know where to get hold of the wiring diagram for this car?
please help!!

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
Hi Shaf,

Sorry to hear about this - first thought is it could be the mechanical cut off switch under the drivers seat - during original transportation of Touareg's from factory to dealer they use a mechanical cut-off switch which is located under the drivers seat. Once at the Port (in order to drive the car around) its re-connected (which requires tightening down a bolt) - it has been known for these bolts to come loose in time which will cause the whole car to shut down if contact is lost. Worth checking this first.

Secondly I assume your auto-elec has checked the voltage from the battery is ok?

Kaine

1 - 2 of 2 Posts