Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a mess this afternoon with the old vag-com and done a few mods,

thanks to those who posted links before because they came in handy.

1, No more bing bing fasten your seatbelt bing. I always do my seatbelt and don't need a bing to remind me

2, Now have 5 flashes on indicator press instead of 3- just thought that would be safer on M-way driving.

3, Lowered the air sus by 25mm all round just to see how i like it for a day or 2.
sport is now very sport.

One thing i would like is total closure so all windows go up on locking or holding lock on key fob.
Mine has keyless entry and go and not sure if it can be done.

Anyone any ideas or links on how to???

Many thanks.
Paul.

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
Glad you've had fun with your new toy.

The only way to do the windows open/close is with the key inserted in the door lock. Unfortuntely it can't be done remotely on the Treg.

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for that.
it will stop me hunting for a remote solution...

·
1,307 Posts
should have bought a new golf!!! they do windows and sunroof...stupid in my opinion that the top of the range cars don't have this feature.

do you have RNS 510 buzzard? if so you should try changing the colour of the display..

·
mySantaFe
1,056 Posts
It there a good place to get the software for this as I recently bought the VAG cable and was provided with some shareware software which does nothing unless you register/activate/pay for it. I thought I was getting a useable copy when I bought them together.

Thanks

·
1,307 Posts
in my opinion it is always best to pay a few extra quid in the first place and buy a genuine Ross-Tech lead, it is worth it in the end to know you have got proper software and backup if required.

you can still get the full package for £300 with all the cables etc in a storage case. not alot of money really in this day and age for a diagnostic tool.

obviously a laptop is over and above as far as price goes but you can buy a cheap one on fleabay for £20-30.

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
Agreed with stu

I bought genuine vag com lead and downloaded software from Ross tech site
Free updates are then available for life

Mine cost me £150

It's saved me a few quid over the years
Bought it originally for my Audi S4 but I can use it on our A6 and touareg and all other vag cars.

·
mySantaFe
1,056 Posts
Software seems to be $99 on their site for the "Lite" version.

I already have a laptop.

·
1,307 Posts

·
67 Posts
So you say you lowered the air suspension with Vag-com? I'd like to know more, what parameters can you set? How much up or down can you go? Is it straightforward?
My car is always set to sport as it simply handles and looks much better, i'd love it to be a couple of cm lower still to bring down the centre of gravity. I have no need to take it off road but I assume that the other suspension settings would be fine still, just all 20mm lower?

I'm not brave enough to buy a copy and have a go but would love to know what else it does? I know about the usual stuff like voice, indicator flashing etc. Is there anything else I should be interested in?

Thanks for your reply guys

·
1,307 Posts
if you go to the ross tech web site you will find all the information you require about vcds!!

this is not a toy it is a serious garage quality diagnostic tool.

http://www.ross-tech.com/

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There is a few links if you use the trusty search facility.

Lots of info about vag com and what it can do on here but it's just finding it
When I find it I will post here

·
67 Posts
Hi guys

My car is tomorrow for a service etc and the master tech at my dealer is going to have a go at lowering the ride height for me. I'm using this link at Rosstech as reference..

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/levelcontrol.html

One thing I've notice,

It mentions the standard ride height of both a normal and "offroad" Touareg. What's the difference?

VW Touareg (7L) standard: 497 mm (front) and 502 mm (rear)
VW Touareg (7L) offroad: 488 mm (front) and 498 mm (rear)

Also, i'd have thought that an offroad version would have higher ride height? Or am I missing something?

More questions...

Does this lower all suspension settings by the desired amount? If so, should be set it to the "auto" setting (middle) before performing the alteration?
And finally, if we use the standard mm amounts mentioned above, we should just deduct 25 (for 25mm) and put the new settings as 472front and 477 rear? (unless you tell me that they are the wrong way round on the Ross Tech site which is what I suspect).

Please get back to me asap!

Thanks

·
Mechanical Guru
2,874 Posts
After reading it it looks like it might be a little time consuming/costly to have a dealer perform.

I think I would carry out the calibration to standard first then when I was happy that that went OK then I would go through it again but this time fib about the actual measurements, ie. input a value say 20mm greater than measured for each corner. The eventual result should be the level sensors and controller reduce the ride to what they think is the correct standard hight, only it won't be
it'll be 20mm low.

·
67 Posts
DISASTER!

While driving my car back to my office, the VW driver guy hit a pothole and blew up a tyre and damaged the wheel. The wheels came from the USA so I do hope it's not buckled, probably is though.

Turned a decent Friday into a mare.

On a plus point I have been invited to BMW Bracknell to drive the M3 GTS. A day of ups and downs...

·
mySantaFe
1,056 Posts
You should be able to get come compensation from the Council if the pot hole was that bad.

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Oops! Had the suspension been tweaked? Or not touched it?

Hope you get it sorted

·
67 Posts
Suspension was unchanged and set to "auto" so not on it's stiffest setting.

It's just one of those things, the driver moved over to avoid a bus turning a corner and hit a big pothole that was filled with water so not easy to stop.

These things happen.

We're getting a new tyre which will determine whether the wheel is buckled and if so, we'll get a new wheel, if not then it's a refurb job. I'm not too stressed, i guess because I know that it was not deliberate and just an accident.

I doubt the'll apply for council compensation as they are the supplier of ALL the councils vehicles. In fact they are easily the number 1 Phaeton dealer in the UK because the council runs them for dignitaries!

·
Mechanical Guru
2,874 Posts
Hi guys

My car is tomorrow for a service etc and the master tech at my dealer is going to have a go at lowering the ride height for me. I'm using this link at Rosstech as reference..

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/levelcontrol.html

One thing I've notice,

It mentions the standard ride height of both a normal and "offroad" Touareg. What's the difference?

VW Touareg (7L) standard: 497 mm (front) and 502 mm (rear)
VW Touareg (7L) offroad: 488 mm (front) and 498 mm (rear)

Also, i'd have thought that an offroad version would have higher ride height? Or am I missing something?

More questions...

Does this lower all suspension settings by the desired amount? If so, should be set it to the "auto" setting (middle) before performing the alteration?
And finally, if we use the standard mm amounts mentioned above, we should just deduct 25 (for 25mm) and put the new settings as 472front and 477 rear? (unless you tell me that they are the wrong way round on the Ross Tech site which is what I suspect).

Please get back to me asap!

Thanks
So do you have an update on the mastertechs attempt at the lowering procedure?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts