Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
2019, 3rd generation R-line, V6 3.0. New to the forum. Only had the car a week and went to connect my dashcam but none of the 12v sockets are working! Checked them with my meter (ignition on) but get 0v on the front, rear and luggage sockets.
Any help would be appreciated as I thought that they would not all be on the same fuse.
Cheers

Rob Roy

·
Registered
309 Posts
Most likely a fuse. From the top of my head I cant tell you which one. Locate the fuse box and have a look at the diagram.

Always worth searching for previous threads. I did it for you;)

" For info I tried to use the electric pump in my spare wheel kit to inflate a tyre on my son's Amarok and the pump just blew the fuse for the power outlets in my CR. The fuse for the power outlets isn't marked as such, instead being fuse SC3 in the panel in the left footwell. It's listed as a 20A fuse for the Onboard Supply Control Unit should anyone have a similar issue and not be able to find it"

" The fuse is behind the panel in the front passenger footwell. It is the third fuse from the left in the third row from the top! It should be a 20A fuse"

(114) CR rhd fuse locations | Club Touareg Forum

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Most likely a fuse. From the top of my head I cant tell you which one. Locate the fuse box and have a look at the diagram.

Always worth searching for previous threads. I did it for you;)

" For info I tried to use the electric pump in my spare wheel kit to inflate a tyre on my son's Amarok and the pump just blew the fuse for the power outlets in my CR. The fuse for the power outlets isn't marked as such, instead being fuse SC3 in the panel in the left footwell. It's listed as a 20A fuse for the Onboard Supply Control Unit should anyone have a similar issue and not be able to find it"

" The fuse is behind the panel in the front passenger footwell. It is the third fuse from the left in the third row from the top! It should be a 20A fuse"

(114) CR rhd fuse locations | Club Touareg Forum
Thanks. Tried that location but the fuse is okay. Did a further search and found some information that suggested a dealer checked fuses in all locations until they found one that had blown! I think I will just have to wait until the dealer opens on Monday and see when they can look at it. Cheers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes - Take it back to the supplying dealer for them to investigate and resolve?

Why even bother trying to diagnose yourself?
Thanks. I was hoping it might just be a simple fuse replacement that I could do myself and then I wouldn’t have to be without the car for a day but looks like the dealer will have to resolve.

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
Just helped a pal with a 2019 CR with exactly this issue , and the errant fuse is 3rd one in on the bottom row behind the panel in the passenger footwell. 20a fuse

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Many thanks. I will give that one a go tomorrow. I noticed that some of the fuses are mini. I only have the standard blade ones!
Just been out. There is no fuse in that slot! Could be the problem but I will have to buy some mini fuses. There is a 20amp right at the end of that row but don’t know what would stop working if I took that out!
Cheers

·
Registered
309 Posts
Many thanks. I will give that one a go tomorrow. I noticed that some of the fuses are mini. I only have the standard blade ones!
As said in post #3 :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As said in post #3 :rolleyes:
Hunterlees reckons it’s the 3rd fuse from the left on the bottom row. The third row fuse is in place and not blown. The 3rd fuse on the bottom row is missing but requires a mini fuse so I will have to get one. Very confusing!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Just take it back and get dealer to sort - There may be more in play than just a blown or missing fuse.

10/10 for effort and 10/10 for the helpful post advising tho!

Hope you get it sorted mate.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts