Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
2007 3.6 V6 FSI SE, Coil Springs
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine isn't working.

The socket that the torch sits in doesn't appear to be working. The light comes on with the rest of the lights, the red/orange ring. But there doesn't appear to be any power to the actual socket. I have tried several usb chargers and they just don't work. I tried using a multimeter to get a reading but it only showed a couple hundred millivolts if I remember correctly.

Is this socket meant to push 12v like the one in the ashtray? Or is it just designed to trickle charge the torch? My torch never worked so I can't use that as a test.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Registered
T1 2.5 SE, Sport
The 12v sockets in mine are all permanently live, in fact i added another where the engine press start button is located in other models. There are three separate connections underneath, power, earth, illumination.

If the console one is not offering power maybe it's burnt out? Presumably it can't be a fuse if you're getting some signs of life.

I didn't know it was intended for a torch, I haven't got one 馃檭

**You could always replace it with one of the fixed type twin USB sockets, self illumination in red too. You would have to modify the panels underside a little, the original 12v socket has an odd retaining arrangement.

Registered
2007 3.6 V6 FSI SE, Coil Springs
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah the OEM one is a pig to get out. I need to work out why it's lighting up but not making any power. If it turns out it is the socket and not the wiring or something I most likely will pull it out and install a USB as you said.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts