Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner

1/2 Heater

11K views 35 replies 10 participants last post by  jsmills 
Have had the same on mine almost since purchase, two rebuilds of the vent motors and flaps and it's now blowing cold one side, hot the other, no mix, even get frost on the windscreen on one side now. Sounds like a hamster is trapped in a wheel in the dash, can hear flaps permanently trying to find a 'rest' position....

A very nice man at the R50 experience gave me suggestions of what it may be, just need to book it in to be fixed.

jsmills said:
noobytoogy said:
I'd like to get into my dash.

How hard is it to dismantle - JSM?
Pretty easy to be fair. I would do it again if i had too. I could PM you the manual i followed if your interested, i'd put it on here but not sure about legalities of it kaine might get into trouble

Its only held on with screws, no funny poppers (well the wood trims are) to break. TBH i should have made a howto guide but somewhow ripping your dash apart makes you forget about taking pictures.
Hi Mr Mills, wouldn't mind the section of the manual you followed to do this please... intermittent problem is now back full swing, and no dealer has ever managed to fix while she was in warranty... guess i need a Vag com too to do the job properly..?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.