• You cannot reply to this topic

Wheel colour - 21” Mallory Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Busted 

• PipPip
  • Group: Full Member
  • LocationS W England
  • Time Online: 21h 17m 35s

Posted 08 March 2021 - 01:15 PM

Rubbed against a kerb so now going to repair myself as its quite small but very annoying!. I am having trouble finding the correct colour, does anyone know and also where to get paint? My wheels are 21inch Mallorys on a 2018 car.
2018 T4 Touareg R line Plus in Pure White

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisements

• MyTreq.com

#2 User is offline   Yolanda Rays 

• Pip
  • Group: Full Member
  • LocationLA
  • Time Online: 30m 40s

Posted 13 March 2021 - 03:29 AM

View PostBusted, on 08 March 2021 - 01:15 PM, said:

Rubbed against a kerb so now going to repair myself as its quite small but very annoying!. I am having trouble finding the correct colour, does anyone know and also where to get paint? My wheels are 21inch Mallorys on a 2018 car.

If I were you, I‘m gonna keep its original color and change some colourful wheel bolts.

#3 User is offline   Cass 

• View gallery
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationHarry Hotspur land !
  • Time Online: 173d 2h 51m 54s

Posted 13 March 2021 - 01:12 PM

Despite the fact that you say that it’s a small kerb if mark, you might want to consider a pro repair if colour match is an important factor for you. I don’t think a dealer can advise on the exact colour match and I’m not aware of any specific touch up paint you can buy off the shelf.

The kerb rash will need to be rubbed/cut, possibly filled and then painted and lacquered. A DIY repair might not give you a perfect finish but there are plenty of mobile or smart repairers around with the ability to colour match the paint and do an invisible repair.
Current - 2013 R-Line 245 PS in Pure White Special, 12 way Elec Seats in Vienna, Memory Pack, Air Susp CDC, Swivelling Towbar, TPMS and Spacesaver Spare - Gtechniq TSP treatment : )

Previous - 2012 VW Touareg Altitude 3.0 TDI 245PS, Deep Black Pearlescent and 2009 VW Touareg Altitude 3.0TDI 240PS, Diamond Black Pearlescent

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Chris Knott Insurance - Forum Sponsor

mytreg.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on mytreg.com is generated by its users. mytreg.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.