Locking car Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Ed Taylor 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Member
  • LocationWest Midlands
  • Time Online: 20h 26m 39s

Posted 11 January 2021 - 02:15 PM

This might seem a dumb question. But does touching the touch sensitive door handles set/activate the alarm. Or do you need to literally press the door locking button on the key fob. I understand that pressing the switch in the drivers door bin deactivates the alarm.
It came to my mind am I leaving my car " unarmed" or does the alarm set/activate by either of the two methods I mentioned above?.
Tourareg 262 R line plus.

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisements

• MyTreq.com

#2 User is offline   Klewy 

• View gallery
  • LocationCheshire
  • Time Online: 5d 1h 13m 10s

Posted 11 January 2021 - 02:41 PM

View PostEd Taylor, on 11 January 2021 - 02:15 PM, said:

This might seem a dumb question. But does touching the touch sensitive door handles set/activate the alarm. Or do you need to literally press the door locking button on the key fob. I understand that pressing the switch in the drivers door bin deactivates the alarm.
It came to my mind am I leaving my car " unarmed" or does the alarm set/activate by either of the two methods I mentioned above?.

Activates the alarm on mine
2015 R-Line 262PS in White

Cheshire

#3 User is offline   Cass 

• View gallery
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationHarry Hotspur land !
  • Time Online: 170d 15h 4m 9s

Posted 11 January 2021 - 10:15 PM

Yes, touching the door sensors locks the doors and sets the alarm. The red LED on the top of the drivers door card shows that the alarm has been set (on my T3 anyway).

The doors/alarms can of course be locked/set/unlocked/off with the key fob if you choose. Personally, my key fob stays in my pocket and never leaves it.
Current - 2013 R-Line 245 PS in Pure White Special, 12 way Elec Seats in Vienna, Memory Pack, Air Susp CDC, Swivelling Towbar, TPMS and Spacesaver Spare - Gtechniq TSP treatment : )

Previous - 2012 VW Touareg Altitude 3.0 TDI 245PS, Deep Black Pearlescent and 2009 VW Touareg Altitude 3.0TDI 240PS, Diamond Black Pearlescent

#4 User is offline   fka 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationLondon
  • Time Online: 1d 13h 45m 2s

Posted 12 January 2021 - 12:37 AM

I deactivated keyless entry as soon as my car arrived.
I don't trust that I wont leave the key by the front door or similar. And I don't feel it's a secure system generally.
2019 R-Line Tech 286 - Silicon Grey. Air Suspension, Rear wheel steering, 21" Suzuka wheels, Climate seats with massage function, Panoramic sunroof, Dynaudio, Head-up display, Factory tow bar, Ambient light pack, Memory pack plus, Drivers Assistance pack plus, IQ LED matrix lights, Laminated safety privacy glass, TPMS, Heated front climate windscreen, Heated rear seats, Keyless entry/keyless start and full electric tailgate operation, 90L fuel tank, Side assist/side scan

#5 User is offline   Ed Taylor 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationWest Midlands
  • Time Online: 20h 26m 39s

Posted 12 January 2021 - 06:53 AM

I keep my key in a faraday box in my pocket when I park the car and also when I go in the house. The spare key is in a faraday box too. The only time the key is " exposed " is when I am using the car.
How do you disable the keyless entry by the way ?.
Tourareg 262 R line plus.

#6 User is offline   Cass 

• View gallery
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationHarry Hotspur land !
  • Time Online: 170d 15h 4m 9s

Posted 12 January 2021 - 06:56 AM

View PostEd Taylor, on 12 January 2021 - 06:53 AM, said:

I keep my key in a faraday box in my pocket when I park the car and also when I go in the house. The spare key is in a faraday box too. The only time the key is " exposed " is when I am using the car.

That’s the correct way to do it ;)
Current - 2013 R-Line 245 PS in Pure White Special, 12 way Elec Seats in Vienna, Memory Pack, Air Susp CDC, Swivelling Towbar, TPMS and Spacesaver Spare - Gtechniq TSP treatment : )

Previous - 2012 VW Touareg Altitude 3.0 TDI 245PS, Deep Black Pearlescent and 2009 VW Touareg Altitude 3.0TDI 240PS, Diamond Black Pearlescent

#7 User is offline   fka 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationLondon
  • Time Online: 1d 13h 45m 2s

Posted 12 January 2021 - 11:19 AM

It's seems as much or more of a faff to use a faraday pouch than taking the key out my pocket and pressing a button.
Although I've lost the ability to waggle my foot under the rear bumper to open the boot. I think I can live with that.

It's an option in one of the menus on the T5. Can remember which menu but if anyone needs to know, I'll go have a look.
2019 R-Line Tech 286 - Silicon Grey. Air Suspension, Rear wheel steering, 21" Suzuka wheels, Climate seats with massage function, Panoramic sunroof, Dynaudio, Head-up display, Factory tow bar, Ambient light pack, Memory pack plus, Drivers Assistance pack plus, IQ LED matrix lights, Laminated safety privacy glass, TPMS, Heated front climate windscreen, Heated rear seats, Keyless entry/keyless start and full electric tailgate operation, 90L fuel tank, Side assist/side scan

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

mytreg.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on mytreg.com is generated by its users. mytreg.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.