Shall I upgrade... Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Higgy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Member
  • LocationCheltenham
  • Time Online: 1d 14h 53m 25s

Posted 18 November 2020 - 11:01 PM

Scrub my thoughts above. I am now buying a new black edition on 0% and 10k off list. 5k down and £580 a month. More palatable than stumping up the cash upfront. £20k ballon after 4 years at 15k per year. 0% is attractive as I can invest the £50k instead of having it tied up in a car..

I think the black edition looks so much better. The smart money is to buy a 9 month old R Line tech at £40k (cash as with finance it’s the same price as a new one monthly) but the black edition looks more special to me.
2009 T2 Altitude - Black, 20 inch Ayres Rocks, Xenons, Privacy Glass, Electric Seats - 53k Miles

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisements

• MyTreq.com

#22 User is offline   Henry11 

• Pip
  • LocationNorfolk UK
  • Time Online: 8h 24m 45s

Posted 19 November 2020 - 10:33 AM

Sound move I think, the reason I bought mine as the deal was excellent. Obviously not selling too well in the current climate.
Not sure why the negative comments on the handling, couldn’t be happier with mine
70 Plate V6 SEL Tech,
231ps
Deep pearl black, Vienna leather, 19” Tirano black alloys
No optional extras ( that I’m aware of yet!)

#23 User is offline   NoobyT 

• Chairman
  • Time Online: 162d 15h 16m 41s

Posted 19 November 2020 - 03:03 PM

I'd be much more worried about the reports on the crappy gear changes.
Tip! Search this forum using Google or Bing with [site:www.mytreg.com word word word ]

VW Touareg models are as follows:
Generation 1: T1 is model 7LA and the facelift T2 is model 7L6
Generation 2: T3 is model 7P5 and the facelift T4 is model 7P6
Generation 3: T5 is model CR7

Models, engines, build years, etcetera - all essential reading - is here:

http://en.wikipedia....kswagen_Touareg

The world's most comprehensive guide to buying a used VW Touareg that could save you money [even more essential reading!] is here:

http://www.mytreg.co...at-to-look-for/

FYI: Porsche Cayenne 955 = T1, 957 = T2, 958.1 = T3 and 958.2 = T4

#24 User is offline   capese21 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationWarwickshire
  • Time Online: 2d 19h 15m 24s

Posted 19 November 2020 - 05:03 PM

Higgy, on 18 November 2020 - 11:01 PM, said:

Scrub my thoughts above. I am now buying a new black edition on 0% and 10k off list. 5k down and £580 a month. More palatable than stumping up the cash upfront. £20k ballon after 4 years at 15k per year. 0% is attractive as I can invest the £50k instead of having it tied up in a car..

I think the black edition looks so much better. The smart money is to buy a 9 month old R Line tech at £40k (cash as with finance it’s the same price as a new one monthly) but the black edition looks more special to me.

Sounds lovely. post some pictures and your likes etc & how it compares to the previous.

2014 R-Line V6 Diesel Night Blue

#25 User is offline   fka 

• PipPip
  • LocationLondon
  • Time Online: 15h 3m 35s

Posted 22 November 2020 - 03:39 PM

I've paid the deposit on an R-line Tech. 2019 4k miles, air suspension, four wheel steering, climate seats, sun roof, IQ lights, towbar, driver assist plus, ambient lighting etc etc... for £43k.
There's some cracking bargains out there!

#26 User is offline   fka 

• PipPip
  • LocationLondon

Posted 22 November 2020 - 05:27 PM

Expecting delivery on Friday.
I'm not mad keen on the running boards, they may be removed at some point..

Attached File  DE19ZMZ_1.jpg (1.17MB)
Number of downloads: 26

#27 User is offline   Cass 

• View gallery
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationHarry Hotspur land !
  • Time Online: 169d 7h 2m 59s

Posted 22 November 2020 - 06:38 PM

View Postfka, on 22 November 2020 - 05:27 PM, said:

Expecting delivery on Friday.
I'm not mad keen on the running boards, they may be removed at some point..

Attachment DE19ZMZ_1.jpg

Nice colour - I quite like the running boards on this model as it gives it a bit more squat and purposeful look. If you are going off road you might welcome more clearance but with the Air Susp, you can raise it a good bit to cope, so removal might not be necessary. Just down to personal choice whether you leave or remove them.

Make sure the car is delivered in the dry and you give it a complete and long check over for and damage, paint defects etc and make sure you road test it immediately after delivery. It’s a good deal but I speak from experience with build issues and poor condition with delivery :angry:
Current - 2013 R-Line 245 PS in Pure White Special, 12 way Elec Seats in Vienna, Memory Pack, Air Susp CDC, Swivelling Towbar, TPMS and Spacesaver Spare - Gtechniq TSP treatment : )

Previous - 2012 VW Touareg Altitude 3.0 TDI 245PS, Deep Black Pearlescent and 2009 VW Touareg Altitude 3.0TDI 240PS, Diamond Black Pearlescent

#28 User is offline   fka 

• PipPip
  • LocationLondon

Posted 22 November 2020 - 06:59 PM

View PostCass, on 22 November 2020 - 06:38 PM, said:

Nice colour - I quite like the running boards on this model as it gives it a bit more squat and purposeful look. If you are going off road you might welcome more clearance but with the Air Susp, you can raise it a good bit to cope, so removal might not be necessary. Just down to personal choice whether you leave or remove them.

Make sure the car is delivered in the dry and you give it a complete and long check over for and damage, paint defects etc and make sure you road test it immediately after delivery. It’s a good deal but I speak from experience with build issues and poor condition with delivery :angry:

They may or may not prove useful for the kids getting in and out and they may grow on me, we'll see.

Noted on the delivery, I think I've read your comment about rejecting a car.
It's coming on a flatbed so in theory should have less chance of picking up damage on the 200 mile drive to me.
It was a VW franchise regional director's car allegedly. I'd hope any build issues would have been picked up by him and rectified by now ..

#29 User is offline   Higgy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationCheltenham

Posted 23 November 2020 - 02:06 PM

Nice car and great spec .... are you paying via pcp or cash ? I am going for delivery too as we have more rights with distance selling versus going to dealership etc. 14 days to change mind for any reason after delivery.

They were talking about driving mine to me. A brand new car - this cannot be the norm?

BTW - I have asked for a quote for running boards to be added to mine ☺️
2009 T2 Altitude - Black, 20 inch Ayres Rocks, Xenons, Privacy Glass, Electric Seats - 53k Miles

#30 User is online   Black Grouse 

• Lifelong Motorhead
  • View gallery
  • LocationSouth Staffordshire
  • Time Online: 435d 18h 20m 10s

Posted 23 November 2020 - 03:20 PM

View PostHiggy, on 23 November 2020 - 02:06 PM, said:

Nice car and great spec .... are you paying via pcp or cash ? I am going for delivery too as we have more rights with distance selling versus going to dealership etc. 14 days to change mind for any reason after delivery.

They were talking about driving mine to me. A brand new car - this cannot be the norm?

Be wary - if you visited the dealership for any part of the buying process then the Distance Selling Regulations don't apply - when I bought mine through Carwow, the dealer "insisted" I go to the dealership the day before delivery on the pretext of inspecting my licence to take advantage of 7 days free insurance.

If I was buying another I'd insist on collection from the showroom - as mine was delivered in poor condition, I suspect due to the fact that it came directly from the dealer's PDI depot and never went near the showroom.
2016 MY Touareg SE 262 - Reef Blue

#31 User is offline   fka 

• PipPip
  • LocationLondon

Posted 23 November 2020 - 04:46 PM

View PostHiggy, on 23 November 2020 - 02:06 PM, said:

I'm paying cash. Just waiting for the inspection report before I do.
I had one Lookers branch who suggested driving a car to me or flatbed at a higher price. This place just offered a flatbed at £1 a mile.

I've asked about removing the running boards and was told they are bolted and bonded to the sills. Not sure they can be fit post manufacture (if you're buying new from stock?) but my info might not be accurate..

I did quite fancy a black edition too but too expensive fro me. This is almost the same spec, plus a few bits like the climate seats. But minus area view.

#32 User is offline   timpearkes 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationBath
  • Time Online: 4d 8h 45s

Posted 23 November 2020 - 07:28 PM

View Postfka, on 23 November 2020 - 04:46 PM, said:

I'm paying cash. Just waiting for the inspection report before I do.
I had one Lookers branch who suggested driving a car to me or flatbed at a higher price. This place just offered a flatbed at £1 a mile.

I've asked about removing the running boards and was told they are bolted and bonded to the sills. Not sure they can be fit post manufacture (if you're buying new from stock?) but my info might not be accurate..

I did quite fancy a black edition too but too expensive fro me. This is almost the same spec, plus a few bits like the climate seats. But minus area view.

Sounds like they don't want the hassle of removing the running boards... my experience is they are bolted on underneath in earlier models. Never seen any bonding...? Anyone?
59 plate 3.0L TDI Altitude Black

#33 User is offline   fka 

• PipPip
  • LocationLondon

Posted 23 November 2020 - 07:42 PM

View Posttimpearkes, on 23 November 2020 - 07:28 PM, said:

Sounds like they don't want the hassle of removing the running boards... my experience is they are bolted on underneath in earlier models. Never seen any bonding...? Anyone?

I was prepared to give the guy the benefit of doubt but I was attempting to trade them for the cost of delivery at the time. He was most likely fobbing me off.
In hind sight I was short changing myself, I didn't realise how much they cost as an option ..

#34 User is offline   NoobyT 

• Chairman
  • Time Online: 162d 15h 16m 41s

Posted 23 November 2020 - 10:02 PM

Caravan step 10 quid....
Tip! Search this forum using Google or Bing with [site:www.mytreg.com word word word ]

VW Touareg models are as follows:
Generation 1: T1 is model 7LA and the facelift T2 is model 7L6
Generation 2: T3 is model 7P5 and the facelift T4 is model 7P6
Generation 3: T5 is model CR7

Models, engines, build years, etcetera - all essential reading - is here:

http://en.wikipedia....kswagen_Touareg

The world's most comprehensive guide to buying a used VW Touareg that could save you money [even more essential reading!] is here:

http://www.mytreg.co...at-to-look-for/

FYI: Porsche Cayenne 955 = T1, 957 = T2, 958.1 = T3 and 958.2 = T4

#35 User is offline   Higgy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationCheltenham

Posted 24 November 2020 - 12:12 AM

Nearly a grand for side steps. They can be fitted by dealer.... I probably won’t bother if they don’t do me a deal.

My purchase is 100% remote. You can get a brand new Black Edition for £49k via Drive the deal if paying cash or 5.4 % pcp. £53k if you want 0% finance. So it’s not really 0% but still cheap borrowing vs paying £40-£50k cash upfront. I will make more than £3k investing it in a stocks and shares isa for 4 years....

#36 User is offline   fka 

• PipPip
  • LocationLondon

Posted 24 November 2020 - 01:12 AM

View PostHiggy, on 24 November 2020 - 12:12 AM, said:

Nearly a grand for side steps. They can be fitted by dealer.... I probably won’t bother if they don’t do me a deal.

My purchase is 100% remote. You can get a brand new Black Edition for £49k via Drive the deal if paying cash or 5.4 % pcp. £53k if you want 0% finance. So it’s not really 0% but still cheap borrowing vs paying £40-£50k cash upfront. I will make more than £3k investing it in a stocks and shares isa for 4 years....

100% remote too - I'm 200 miles away :D
I haven't logged in this month but my long term savings are making very little at the moment although it was slowly picking up again when I last checked.
Looked at the zero percent, I just dont like the idea of large monthly outgoings. Or debt full stop. I know I can afford something because I have the money in the bank. But this maybe comes from getting myself into trouble when I was younger!

#37 User is offline   johnb80 

• LocationGainsborough, Lincolnshire
  • Time Online: 27d 14h 22m 29s

Posted 24 November 2020 - 05:45 AM

View PostHiggy, on 24 November 2020 - 12:12 AM, said:

will make more than £3k investing it in a stocks and shares isa for 4 years....

And lose considerably more than you make on investments with the fall off a cliff depreciation in the first year or so.

Nice car though !
Range Rover 4.4 TDV8 now gone and replaced with the opposite end of the pollution scale, BMW i3 electric car, one word, love it. Previous cars 4.4TDV8 Range Rover, 2006 Touareg 3.0 TDi (Superb Car), Audi Allroad 2.5 TDI (Also Great Car).
If youre old fashioned and still burning fossil fuels, MORRISONS fuel which is the best choice for all Touaregs.
P.S. Watch the mods here, they do dark and devious things when youre not looking LOL

#38 User is online   Black Grouse 

• Lifelong Motorhead
  • View gallery
  • LocationSouth Staffordshire
  • Time Online: 435d 18h 20m 10s

Posted 24 November 2020 - 08:07 AM

View Postjohnb80, on 24 November 2020 - 05:45 AM, said:

And lose considerably more than you make on investments with the fall off a cliff depreciation in the first year or so.

Nice car though !

Cars do that however you finance them!
2016 MY Touareg SE 262 - Reef Blue

#39 User is offline   Higgy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationCheltenham

Posted 24 November 2020 - 09:26 AM

Exactly - I’m not claiming buying a new car won’t lose me money, we all know it will however it’s financed. Just that for me personally I’d rather pay monthly at 0% and invest the cash elsewhere. If the APR was high I wouldn’t do this and would pay cash also. We have kept our last two Tregs for over 4 years each so I am not concerned about my wife wanting to change during the pcp period as that would be very costly.

Keeping the car you have is the cheapest option but we work hard, have no other debts and can’t do much else with our money with covid (holidays etc) Plus the current Treg throws a warning every time we get in it at the moment. It’s on 90k so time to go. Coolant light being the latest - could be a cracked pipe or something worse but I don’t want the hassle of running older cars...,

#40 User is offline   johnb80 

• LocationGainsborough, Lincolnshire
  • Time Online: 27d 14h 22m 29s

Posted 24 November 2020 - 11:52 AM

I'm sure you will enjoy it.
Range Rover 4.4 TDV8 now gone and replaced with the opposite end of the pollution scale, BMW i3 electric car, one word, love it. Previous cars 4.4TDV8 Range Rover, 2006 Touareg 3.0 TDi (Superb Car), Audi Allroad 2.5 TDI (Also Great Car).
If youre old fashioned and still burning fossil fuels, MORRISONS fuel which is the best choice for all Touaregs.
P.S. Watch the mods here, they do dark and devious things when youre not looking LOL

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

mytreg.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on mytreg.com is generated by its users. mytreg.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.