Car Play Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Nick's 05 Touareg 

• Pip
  • Group: Full Member
  • LocationSurrey, Uk
  • Time Online: 2h 49m 35s

Posted 25 September 2020 - 10:40 AM

Hello all

I have an 05 which I would like to fit Carplay to (with revere camera). I've seen what seems to be a nice unit from Halfords .

What I really want is an easy fit experience. Plug n play or as close as possible. Is this the case, or is it spaghetti time? Your experiences and opinions would be appreciated.

Regards, Nick

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisements

• MyTreq.com

#2 User is offline   johnb80 

• Group: Full Member
  • LocationGainsborough, Lincolnshire
  • Time Online: 27d 10h 24m 29s

Posted 26 September 2020 - 01:50 PM

View PostNick, on 25 September 2020 - 10:40 AM, said:

Hello all

I have an 05 which I would like to fit Carplay to (with revere camera). I've seen what seems to be a nice unit from Halfords .

What I really want is an easy fit experience. Plug n play or as close as possible. Is this the case, or is it spaghetti time? Your experiences and opinions would be appreciated.

Regards, Nick

I fitted a Pioneer AVIC in my 2006 Touareg, you will find the adapter bezels don't fit, a bit of work with a junior hacksaw resolves that, the standard constant live and switched live were the wrong way round on mine, you need an adapter kit for steering wheel volume controls to work, you will lose the sat nav driver display. there are some threads on here with it in https://www.mytreg.c...__1#entry368065
Range Rover 4.4 TDV8 now gone and replaced with the opposite end of the pollution scale, BMW i3 electric car, one word, love it. Previous cars 4.4TDV8 Range Rover, 2006 Touareg 3.0 TDi (Superb Car), Audi Allroad 2.5 TDI (Also Great Car).
If youre old fashioned and still burning fossil fuels, MORRISONS fuel which is the best choice for all Touaregs.
P.S. Watch the mods here, they do dark and devious things when youre not looking LOL

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

mytreg.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on mytreg.com is generated by its users. mytreg.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.