• You cannot reply to this topic

Seat Switch Caps Removal Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Klewy 

• View gallery
  • Group: Full Member
  • LocationCheshire
  • Time Online: 4d 14h 6m 59s

Posted 19 September 2020 - 11:09 AM

I need to replace the trim panel around the seat adjustment switches on my drivers seat. To do this the recline and height switch caps need to be removed but I can't find any way of getting them off. Does anyone know how to removed these switch caps?
2015 R-Line 262PS in White

Cheshire

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisements

• MyTreq.com

#2 User is offline   chaser 

• Mechanical Guru
  • Time Online: 95d 3h 56m 30s

Posted 19 September 2020 - 05:14 PM

Manual says remove with T10236 so imagine you could improvise with a trim wedge unless access is restricted. https://vw.snapon.co...itemid=29850117
Chaser...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current... Touareg R-Line Plus 3.0 V6 TDI 262PS 8-Speed Auto Tiptronic (from new). Area View, Canyon Grey Metallic, 21" Mallory Alloys, Dynamic CDC Air Suspension, Piano black decorative inlays with retrofit black surrounds on dashboard. 4way Electric R-Line Branded Two Tone Sports Seats in Nappa Leather, Memory Pack, Factory Tow Pack, Ambient Light Pack etc, etc,

Previous... Pure White 2014 Touareg V6
R-Line 3.0Tdi 245ps 8-speed Auto Tiptronic (from new). Factory swivelling tow pack. Fully wired 13pin electrics. 9x20" Pikes Peak alloys. Piano black decorative inlays. Interior ambient light pack. Reversing camera.

Before that... Salt Lake Grey 2006 Touareg 2.5 Tdi SE Sport Auto (from 26k miles)

#3 User is offline   Klewy 

• View gallery
  • LocationCheshire
  • Time Online: 4d 14h 6m 59s

Posted 19 September 2020 - 09:00 PM

View Postchaser, on 19 September 2020 - 05:14 PM, said:

Manual says remove with T10236 so imagine you could improvise with a trim wedge unless access is restricted. https://vw.snapon.co...itemid=29850117

Thanks chaser, cracked it myself in the end.

Used a pair of trim removal plastic wedges under each side of each cap and lever off. Need to put them either side of the centre of the cap and lever them out together. Takes a bit more force than I expected but caps pop off and simply push back on after,

For info, the backrest bolster adjustment switch is attached to the actual panel being removed and needs to be taken off that panel as you unclip that from the seat.
2015 R-Line 262PS in White

Cheshire

#4 User is offline   chaser 

• Mechanical Guru
  • Time Online: 95d 3h 56m 30s

Posted 20 September 2020 - 11:57 AM

I thought you would be able to manage with wedges 👍
I have one with a slot in the centre which would work but it's a little too wide for some jobs.
I have the T10236 though as it's brilliant for removing door cards without breaking the clips.
Chaser...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current... Touareg R-Line Plus 3.0 V6 TDI 262PS 8-Speed Auto Tiptronic (from new). Area View, Canyon Grey Metallic, 21" Mallory Alloys, Dynamic CDC Air Suspension, Piano black decorative inlays with retrofit black surrounds on dashboard. 4way Electric R-Line Branded Two Tone Sports Seats in Nappa Leather, Memory Pack, Factory Tow Pack, Ambient Light Pack etc, etc,

Previous... Pure White 2014 Touareg V6
R-Line 3.0Tdi 245ps 8-speed Auto Tiptronic (from new). Factory swivelling tow pack. Fully wired 13pin electrics. 9x20" Pikes Peak alloys. Piano black decorative inlays. Interior ambient light pack. Reversing camera.

Before that... Salt Lake Grey 2006 Touareg 2.5 Tdi SE Sport Auto (from 26k miles)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Chris Knott Insurance - Forum Sponsor

mytreg.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on mytreg.com is generated by its users. mytreg.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.