• You cannot reply to this topic

2014 r line tow bar

#21 User is offline   JonesyGT 

• PipPip
  • Group: Full Member
  • LocationUK
  • Time Online: 1d 10h 1m 32s

Posted 19 September 2020 - 08:06 AM

Hi Chaser, the last scan is with it coded back in as per Westfalia’s instructions. The middle one is where I reverted back to previous coding and the Can Gateway is showing a code for incorrectly coded module.

One reason I’m thinking it’s an issue with the alarm horn is that it’s in the scuttle tray and my Touareg looks like it’s been living under a tree all it’s life, serious moss growth in areas like I’ve never seen. So it wouldn’t surprise me if the scuttle drains are blocked and the alarm horn has been under water at some point. I could do with having a look in there anyway to check.

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisements

• MyTreq.com

#22 User is offline   chaser 

• Mechanical Guru
  • Time Online: 94d 11h 16m 35s

Posted 19 September 2020 - 09:59 AM

So many scans 😄
Sorry yes I said last scan when I was actually referring to the middle one where you said you had reverted back to original but had left trailer module in the gateway.

Other than a faulty module I can't reason why you only get the fault when you install and code in the trailer module.
The switch works.. as verified with mvbs/output tests.
Brake lights operate normally.
The brake switch error only appears in the trailer module when you would expect errors in engine, abs, transmission as they all use its signal.

Logic suggests possibly a stuck/faulty relay within the the trailer module?? 🤔
Chaser...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current... Touareg R-Line Plus 3.0 V6 TDI 262PS 8-Speed Auto Tiptronic (from new). Area View, Canyon Grey Metallic, 21" Mallory Alloys, Dynamic CDC Air Suspension, Piano black decorative inlays with retrofit black surrounds on dashboard. 4way Electric R-Line Branded Two Tone Sports Seats in Nappa Leather, Memory Pack, Factory Tow Pack, Ambient Light Pack etc, etc,

Previous... Pure White 2014 Touareg V6
R-Line 3.0Tdi 245ps 8-speed Auto Tiptronic (from new). Factory swivelling tow pack. Fully wired 13pin electrics. 9x20" Pikes Peak alloys. Piano black decorative inlays. Interior ambient light pack. Reversing camera.

Before that... Salt Lake Grey 2006 Touareg 2.5 Tdi SE Sport Auto (from 26k miles)

#23 User is offline   JonesyGT 

• PipPip
  • LocationUK

Posted 22 September 2020 - 08:14 AM

Interesting development. I spoke to witter yesterday and was told that of the three connections made at the BCM2 module that two are for canbus and one is for the brake lights. Apparently it doesn’t need the brake sensor wire as its triggered through canbus so i disconnected it and now i have working brake lights!!!!

#24 User is offline   Klewy 

• View gallery
  • LocationCheshire
  • Time Online: 4d 1h 30m 6s

Posted 22 September 2020 - 11:57 AM

Result!!! Glad you got it sorted
2015 R-Line 262PS in White

Cheshire

#25 User is offline   chaser 

• Mechanical Guru

Posted 22 September 2020 - 09:40 PM

Makes sense as there didn't appear to be a fault with the car. Good job... now go and enjoy a break in the 'van. 🙂
Chaser...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current... Touareg R-Line Plus 3.0 V6 TDI 262PS 8-Speed Auto Tiptronic (from new). Area View, Canyon Grey Metallic, 21" Mallory Alloys, Dynamic CDC Air Suspension, Piano black decorative inlays with retrofit black surrounds on dashboard. 4way Electric R-Line Branded Two Tone Sports Seats in Nappa Leather, Memory Pack, Factory Tow Pack, Ambient Light Pack etc, etc,

R-Line 3.0Tdi 245ps 8-speed Auto Tiptronic (from new). Factory swivelling tow pack. Fully wired 13pin electrics. 9x20" Pikes Peak alloys. Piano black decorative inlays. Interior ambient light pack. Reversing camera.

Before that... Salt Lake Grey 2006 Touareg 2.5 Tdi SE Sport Auto (from 26k miles)

#26 User is offline   JonesyGT 

• PipPip
  • LocationUK

Posted 22 September 2020 - 10:31 PM

View Postchaser, on 22 September 2020 - 09:40 PM, said:

Makes sense as there didn't appear to be a fault with the car. Good job... now go and enjoy a break in the 'van. 🙂

Will do as long as bojo doesn’t lock us down again! Thanks again for your help!

#27 User is offline   chaser 

• Mechanical Guru

Posted 23 September 2020 - 12:26 AM

No problem... not sure if I helped or hindered, can always think more logically if I'm actually doing it.

That said if been trying to fix my washing machine for days and I'm stumped and ready to beat it with a sledgehammer!!! 😡
Chaser...

#28 User is offline   NoobyT 

• Chairman
  • Time Online: 159d 16h 4m 59s

Posted 23 September 2020 - 06:17 AM

I've given up on the dodgy dishwasher so yesterday I replaced her ... it.

The day Christmas got cancelled I discover the new one was built in Turkey!!
Tip! Search this forum using Google or Bing with [site:www.mytreg.com word word word ]

VW Touareg models are as follows:
Generation 1: T1 is model 7LA and the facelift T2 is model 7L6
Generation 2: T3 is model 7P5 and the facelift T4 is model 7P6
Generation 3: T5 is model CR7

Models, engines, build years, etcetera - all essential reading - is here:

http://en.wikipedia....kswagen_Touareg

The world's most comprehensive guide to buying a used VW Touareg that could save you money [even more essential reading!] is here:

http://www.mytreg.co...at-to-look-for/

FYI: Porsche Cayenne 955 = T1, 957 = T2, 958.1 = T3 and 958.2 = T4

#29 User is offline   Klewy 

• View gallery
  • LocationCheshire
  • Time Online: 4d 1h 30m 6s

Posted 23 September 2020 - 07:37 AM

View PostNoobyT, on 23 September 2020 - 06:17 AM, said:

I've given up on the dodgy dishwasher so yesterday I replaced her ... it.

The day Christmas got cancelled I discover the new one was built in Turkey!!

At least it’s not made in China like our friendly local virus
2015 R-Line 262PS in White

Cheshire

#30 User is offline   NoobyT 

• Chairman

Posted 23 September 2020 - 10:14 AM

You used to be able to rely on stuff made in China not lasting very long!!
Tip! Search this forum using Google or Bing with [site:www.mytreg.com word word word ]

The world's most comprehensive guide to buying a used VW Touareg that could save you money [even more essential reading!] is here:

#31 User is offline   JonesyGT 

• PipPip
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 September 2020 - 06:09 PM

View Postchaser, on 23 September 2020 - 12:26 AM, said:

No problem... not sure if I helped or hindered, can always think more logically if I'm actually doing it.

That said if been trying to fix my washing machine for days and I'm stumped and ready to beat it with a sledgehammer!!! 😡

Not really knowing what’s wrong....Check for puffy capacitors I fixed mine in the past replacing 1 or 2

#32 User is offline   chaser 

• Mechanical Guru

Posted 23 September 2020 - 09:22 PM

View PostJonesyGT, on 23 September 2020 - 06:09 PM, said:

Not really knowing what’s wrong....Check for puffy capacitors I fixed mine in the past replacing 1 or 2
I've checked, metered, googled everything I can think of. Something within the machine is cutting the power for some reason. Cuts for just for 1 second then it comes back but results in the cycle being restarted....then repeat.

Already spent too much time and money on it so TBH I have to call time on it. I've almost rebuilt the whole machine the last few years and lately electrical faults are becoming more frequent.

I should just stick with cars, much more complex but then you have VCDS, current flow diagrams and not messing with mains voltage  😄😄
Chaser...

#33 User is offline   NoobyT 

• Chairman

Posted 24 September 2020 - 02:24 AM

Buy a Miele.

The first one lasted 30 years with just new brushes at 20 years and a new controller at 25. I reckon it must have done the thick end of 20,000 washes!

The second one is half way through its 10 year guarantee with no faults to date.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Chris Knott Insurance - Forum Sponsor

mytreg.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on mytreg.com is generated by its users. mytreg.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.