DPF issues / Electrical Technical Help Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Jakeee010 

• Pip
  • Group: Full Member
  • LocationLincolnshire
  • Time Online: 2h 32m 23s

Posted 23 July 2020 - 10:11 PM

*Prior warning this contains 2 issues that kind of mingle into 1 larger issue*

Hi everyone, I'm having some issues with my 2008 2.5L Touareg. I've recently had a couple EGT sensors replaced (clearing the previous fault - P0546). Since rectifying this issue the following fault has appeared - P2002. (Car isnt regenerating)

Today I had a carbon cleaner come out to clean out the DPF, however before doing so he wanted to check over the system to make sure it would resolve the issue. When plugging in both devices, neither would let him view the live readings for the engine. He said that his volkswagen software wouldnt recognise the car. (He wasnt able to force a static regeneration)

He used his analog pressure gauge to check the DPF and it shown that it was only partially blocked (around 1.5 on the dial).

For the regeneration issue, would a new differential pressure sensor rectify this?

As for the computer issue I have no idea as to how to approach that.

*Added note - I've only had this car a little over a month, so if anyone needs more information just let me know and I'll get it*

Thanks for taking time to read!

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisements

• MyTreq.com

#2 User is offline   Gnits 

• LocationEurope
  • Time Online: 5d 12h 8m 7s

Posted 23 July 2020 - 10:58 PM

There's not enough information in your post to diagnose your issue and give any meaningful hint on what's wrong with your car. We don't know what exact device the DPF uy used and whether it was the right tool, or to what degree he had problems with retrieving the live data. We don't even know what exact live data he was looking for and where.

He might have used a tool that wasn't capable of accessing your car's systems in the first place, or maybe it just didn't recognize the engine (because the 2.5 liter isn't a particularly popular one). Or the problem wasn't the tool, but he just didn't find what he was looking for because he was not experienced with this particular controller. Or maybe your OBD port is dead or you have some other electrical issue, and it was all because of this, with no fault on his or his device's part, because nobody and no device would have been able to extract the information he was looking for.

You need to figure out these (or have these diagnosed for you) first, and only then can you proceed towards fixing the problem.

Also, if the guy couldn't diagnose your car, and didn't read codes, didn't read live data, didn't force regeneration, etc. then what exactly did he do?
Touareg R5 TDI (2008)

#3 User is offline   Jakeee010 

• Pip
  • LocationLincolnshire
  • Time Online: 2h 32m 23s

Posted 17 December 2020 - 09:11 PM

View PostGnits, on 23 July 2020 - 10:58 PM, said:

There's not enough information in your post to diagnose your issue and give any meaningful hint on what's wrong with your car. We don't know what exact device the DPF uy used and whether it was the right tool, or to what degree he had problems with retrieving the live data. We don't even know what exact live data he was looking for and where.

He might have used a tool that wasn't capable of accessing your car's systems in the first place, or maybe it just didn't recognize the engine (because the 2.5 liter isn't a particularly popular one). Or the problem wasn't the tool, but he just didn't find what he was looking for because he was not experienced with this particular controller. Or maybe your OBD port is dead or you have some other electrical issue, and it was all because of this, with no fault on his or his device's part, because nobody and no device would have been able to extract the information he was looking for.

You need to figure out these (or have these diagnosed for you) first, and only then can you proceed towards fixing the problem.

Also, if the guy couldn't diagnose your car, and didn't read codes, didn't read live data, didn't force regeneration, etc. then what exactly did he do?

Hi, thanks for your reply. Since this post I have purchased VCDS. I still haven't made any progress with the situation as I've been flat out at work, with no time spare. The issue with the OBD port, has somehow rectified itself (He was using VCDS at the time). The only code it throws is the 'diesel particulate filter below threshold'. The car will force regen no issues at all, it just doesn't want to do it on its own...

Thanks for your time.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Chris Knott Insurance - Forum Sponsor

mytreg.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on mytreg.com is generated by its users. mytreg.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.