Braking vibrations Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Agil 

• Pip
  • Group: Full Member
  • LocationPortugal
  • Time Online: 6h 21m 27s

Posted 29 June 2020 - 07:52 PM

Hello everyone,
I'm starting having vibrations on the steering wheel when I brake. Vibrations are felt especially when braking smoothly and above 80 km/h. I´ve changed the front rotors and pads about 20k. At the back at the time I've just changed the pads. After doing this job every was nice. No vibrations, althought before making this job I've felt some vibrations, but not like now. Yesterday, I've inspected the front rotors and pads and everything seems ok. At the back the rotors seems to have some "waves" on the surface and have exceeded the 2mm wear.
Do you think this vibration may come from the rear discs being nok?
I have already ordered Zimmerman rotors, that I will exchange as soon they arrive. I will try to use the pads they only have 20k, and at the back they are almost new.
Can you give me your advisor opinions? Many Thanks!

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisements

• MyTreq.com

#2 User is offline   Cass 

• View gallery
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationHarry Hotspur land !
  • Time Online: 167d 19h 58s

Posted 29 June 2020 - 08:57 PM

Not a common issue specific to Touaregs, so just general advice will be available.

Vibrations through the steering wheel would generally indicate problems with the front brakes or front suspension, so you should concentrate your efforts here. You don’t say how long ago you changed the front discs/pads or how you use the car and in what conditions but all could have relevance to your problem.

There could be many reasons such as warped discs, sticky callipers - pistons and pads, corrosion on the discs (particularly the inboard side) and wear in the suspension components/bushes.

If you are changing the rear brake discs, you should fit new pads as well.

You don’t state your year, model and mileage - add this in your signature so members know which Touareg you have.
Current - 2013 R-Line 245 PS in Pure White Special, 12 way Elec Seats in Vienna, Memory Pack, Air Susp CDC, Swivelling Towbar, TPMS and Spacesaver Spare - Gtechniq TSP treatment : )

Previous - 2012 VW Touareg Altitude 3.0 TDI 245PS, Deep Black Pearlescent and 2009 VW Touareg Altitude 3.0TDI 240PS, Diamond Black Pearlescent

#3 User is offline   NoobyT 

• Chairman
  • Group: Full Member
  • Time Online: 157d 10h 40m 46s

Posted 29 June 2020 - 09:42 PM

Never ever use worn pads on a set of new discs! Not even if the pads have only done a few miles.

Always replace the pads and wear sensors as well as the discs.
Tip! Search this forum using Google or Bing with [site:www.mytreg.com word word word ]

VW Touareg models are as follows:
Generation 1: T1 is model 7LA and the facelift T2 is model 7L6
Generation 2: T3 is model 7P5 and the facelift T4 is model 7P6
Generation 3: T5 is model CR7

Models, engines, build years, etcetera - all essential reading - is here:

http://en.wikipedia....kswagen_Touareg

The world's most comprehensive guide to buying a used VW Touareg that could save you money [even more essential reading!] is here:

http://www.mytreg.co...at-to-look-for/

FYI: Porsche Cayenne 955 = T1, 957 = T2, 958.1 = T3 and 958.2 = T4

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

mytreg.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on mytreg.com is generated by its users. mytreg.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.