Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanted, Valley wheel 5 x 120 PCD

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Sarakina 
#1 ·
It seems my spare wheel saga continues, I'm in need of one wheel if anyone has a surplus oddity?

I beleive the style is Valley View attachment 34300 as per image. I also gather these came in 5 x 120 and 5 x 130 PCD

#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
5x120 PCD only fits the Generation 1 R5 as some of that car was made using VW Transporter parts to keep the cost down.

All other Generation 1 and Generation 2 Touaregs use 5x130 PCD.

The current Generation 3 cars use 5x112 PCD.

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
#4 ·
Thanks.

I actually purchased via the first of your links without seeing it before, but i got a much scruffier wheel than the one shown. That said it was reduced to £40, its not pretty and an odd colour but after a tyre swap i now have a fully functional spare in the boot, albeit it brings its own space compromise.

#5 ·
As it's a spare it's probably not worth spending fifty quid getting refreshed so it matches your other wheels.

On the other hand it would still be a cheap wheel at under £100!

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
As a bit of an OCD sufferer (my wife says more than a bit) it does bother me it doesn't colour match but in my part of the world its £65 to refurb an 18" wheel, immediatly making it an expensive spare to fit a legal but older used tyre too.

I could have one of the new tyres recently fitted on the rear swapped over, as one wheel has some paint flake but the costs start to escalate. This budget car for holiday home use has already exceeded the expenditure i had anticipated by quite a margin.

From a previous query, i had the car serviced by a local indie recently using correct VW/Quantum 506-01 oil. It was cheaper to buy 20 ltrs, albeit it was still expensive but i reasoned that if i take the balance with me I have correct oil (oh, and a filter) to have a local Greek mechanic to do the messy work with the right oil in the future. Years forward I'll have to see what can be done but for 4-5 years from now i have engine oil sorted at least.

The escalating problem now is luggage space. There's now a full size spare and over 10 ltrs of oil in the boot before i load it with goodies for local friends and our luggage

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.