ReMap & DSG Remap Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Harrybeer 

• Pip
  • Group: Full Member
  • LocationWiltshire
  • Time Online: 6h 59m 32s

Posted 30 January 2020 - 09:33 AM

Hi everyone,

Finally back on here and have put a deposit down on a 2016 Touareg. Should be picking up early next week!

I was doing some research on here and in general but could find an answer. My local Remapping company offer a DSG remap as well as the engine remap... is the DSG remap something anyone else has had done? And is it worth it?

Thanks!
HarryBeer

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisements

• MyTreq.com

#2 User is offline   chaser 

• Mechanical Guru
  • Time Online: 90d 19h 46m 56s

Posted 30 January 2020 - 09:43 AM

You don't have DSG. Maybe they have maps for other boxes
Chaser...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current... Touareg R-Line Plus 3.0 V6 TDI 262PS 8-Speed Auto Tiptronic. Area View, Canyon Grey Metallic, 21" Mallory Alloys, Dynamic CDC Air Suspension, 14way Electric R-Line Branded Two Tone Sports Seats in Nappa Leather, Memory Pack, Factory Tow Pack, Ambient Light Pack etc, etc,

Previous... Pure White 2014 Touareg V6
R-Line 3.0Tdi 245ps 8-speed Auto Tiptronic (from new). Factory swivelling tow pack. Fully wired 13pin electrics. 9x20" Pikes Peak alloys. Piano black decorative inlays. Interior ambient light pack. Reversing camera.

Before that... Salt Lake Grey 2006 Touareg 2.5 Tdi SE Sport Auto (from 26k miles)

#3 User is offline   Black Grouse 

• Lifelong Motorhead
  • View gallery
  • LocationSouth Staffordshire
  • Time Online: 401d 22h 15m 26s

Posted 30 January 2020 - 11:05 AM

As above, it's not a DSG - that would worry me about the choice of tuning company!

Some American owners like to use the Porsche Cayenne settings for the transmission, not a remap just changing the settings in VCDS.
2016 MY Touareg SE 262 - Reef Blue

#4 User is offline   Harrybeer 

• Pip
  • LocationWiltshire

Posted 30 January 2020 - 11:55 AM

Well that would explain why I couldn’t find any information on it!! Probably look at a different company then!

Just had a look they describe it as DSG and auto gearbox remap... but in there email they definitely said DSG.

https://www.aliastun...co.uk/services/

Thanks, and I guess sorry for the stupid question.

#5 User is offline   Black Grouse 

• Lifelong Motorhead
  • View gallery
  • LocationSouth Staffordshire
  • Time Online: 401d 22h 15m 26s

Posted 30 January 2020 - 12:03 PM

View PostHarrybeer, on 30 January 2020 - 11:55 AM, said:

Well that would explain why I couldn’t find any information on it!! Probably look at a different company then!

Just had a look they describe it as DSG and auto gearbox remap... but in there email they definitely said DSG.

https://www.aliastun...co.uk/services/

Thanks, and I guess sorry for the stupid question.

To be fair to the tuner, that's not a model-specific reference to DSG on their website and many VW Group models do get a DSG autobox - but Touareg gets an Aisin-Warner conventional torque converter plus epicyclic gearbox.

The Transmission Control Module (TCM) in the Touareg is adaptive and it'll pay to reset it when you get the car - ignition on, hold throttle to floor for 30 seconds, then release - then play with the modes, Drive and Sport, before you decide to gat any changes done.
2016 MY Touareg SE 262 - Reef Blue

#6 User is offline   Harrybeer 

• Pip
  • LocationWiltshire

Posted 30 January 2020 - 12:53 PM

Thanks for the advice, I’ll do the reset when we get it back.

#7 User is offline   Helisupp 

• View gallery
  • LocationGloucester United Kingdom
  • Time Online: 1d 7h 58m 6s

Posted 30 January 2020 - 08:11 PM

Myself and a friend both Had VW Golf Rs.......and he wanted a DGS remap to speed up shifting (car was still under warranty with VW).

He had the remap, but afterwards started having shifting problems. He then had the remap removed by the company (cannot remember who as years ago) and put back to original setting, before he went to VW to get it sorted.

VW said they could not do anything for him as they could see he had done something to software in ECU and they could not get their equipment to read the ECU to find out what was wrong.
2018 Touareg R Line Tech

Grey, standard apart from Pano roof / Heated screen, enough standard options that were "extra" on my BMWs.

£10,140 discount off list price, nicer car than my X5 40D M sport

#8 User is offline   johnb80 

• LocationGainsborough, Lincolnshire
  • Time Online: 26d 23h 34m 48s

Posted 31 January 2020 - 06:26 AM

Get the car first and see how it performs, in my experience the Touareg has more than enough performance as standard. Is 1 second off the 0-60 time really needed?
Now a proud owner of a 2012 4.4 TDV8 Range Rover having sold my T1, 2006, 3.0 V6 Altitude which has been pretty much trouble free for 4 years running on MORRISONS fuel which is the best choice for all Touaregs.
P.S. Watch the mods here, they do dark and devious things when youre not looking LOL

#9 User is offline   bazf 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationUnited Kingdom
  • Time Online: 20h 45m 23s

Posted 11 May 2020 - 10:17 AM

View Postjohnb80, on 31 January 2020 - 06:26 AM, said:

Is 1 second off the 0-60 time really needed?

Always 😀
2015 Touareg R-Line V6 TDI

#10 User is offline   johnb80 

• LocationGainsborough, Lincolnshire
  • Time Online: 26d 23h 34m 48s

Posted 11 May 2020 - 03:22 PM

View Postbazf, on 11 May 2020 - 10:17 AM, said:

Always 😀

You have the wrong vehicle if thats the case.
Now a proud owner of a 2012 4.4 TDV8 Range Rover having sold my T1, 2006, 3.0 V6 Altitude which has been pretty much trouble free for 4 years running on MORRISONS fuel which is the best choice for all Touaregs.
P.S. Watch the mods here, they do dark and devious things when youre not looking LOL

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Chris Knott Insurance - Forum Sponsor

mytreg.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on mytreg.com is generated by its users. mytreg.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.