• You cannot reply to this topic

Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax

#1 User is offline   Mr_Goodshot 

• Pip
  • Group: Full Member
  • LocationUK
  • Time Online: 5h 29m 53s

Posted 16 September 2019 - 07:23 PM

I have noticed that no-one has posted in this forum for a couple of years so I thought I'd give the whole forum a "Bump"!

Spent a few hours on the new Treg on Sunday, we didn't pay for the "delivery pack" from the Stealership so they just about bought themselves to wash it but precious little else so it needed a full going over. The paint was horrible and rough so it got a full iron decontamination, clay bar and wax.

Didn't need a polish as Pure White looks really good, but I got some of the Hybrid Wax to protect it for future, impressions really good, went on well and has good beading but we'll see just how good it is when I start using the Snow Foam....

Lucky I did it as well, as it appears the birds of the East Mids are using both my white cars as target practice!
2013 VW Touareg V6 R-Line - Very new still! (well new to me anyway!)

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisements

• MyTreq.com

#2 User is online   Cass 

• View gallery
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationHarry Hotspur land !
  • Time Online: 173d 19h 6m 37s

Posted 16 September 2019 - 08:26 PM

I used to be a wash, polish and wax merchant but all my previous cars were black and the swirls, scuffs and holograms showed up big style, especially in sunlight.

I’m now a convert to professional detailing and I’m happy to pay for a top job which includes a safe wash, multi-stage polishing, topped of by a nano-coating of Gtechniq.

My weekends are free from hours of manual labour and washes are much less frequent and much less effort.

I concur on white for the Treg - suits the car perfectly ;)
Current - 2013 R-Line 245 PS in Pure White Special, 12 way Elec Seats in Vienna, Memory Pack, Air Susp CDC, Swivelling Towbar, TPMS and Spacesaver Spare - Gtechniq TSP treatment : )

Previous - 2012 VW Touareg Altitude 3.0 TDI 245PS, Deep Black Pearlescent and 2009 VW Touareg Altitude 3.0TDI 240PS, Diamond Black Pearlescent

#3 User is offline   Ed Taylor 

• LocationWest Midlands
  • Time Online: 1d 14h 24m 42s

Posted 30 April 2021 - 03:57 PM

I enjoy giving my Tourareg a good waxing every now and then. Probably more frequent than it really needs. I have quite a few different waxes to choose from. The dirt seems easier to get off if the car has a good wax on it. The neighbour's think I am mad with my obsession to keeping our cars nice and clean.
Tourareg 262 R line plus.

#4 User is offline   NoobyT 

• Chairman
  • Time Online: 174d 26m 10s

Posted 30 April 2021 - 05:15 PM

I think you are bonkers too!

Letting the dealer wash the car once a year at the annual service is more than enough!
Tip! Search this forum using Google or Bing with [site:www.mytreg.com word word word ]

VW Touareg models are as follows:
Generation 1: T1 is model 7LA and the facelift T2 is model 7L6
Generation 2: T3 is model 7P5 and the facelift T4 is model 7P6
Generation 3: T5 is model CR7

Models, engines, build years, etcetera - all essential reading - is here:
http://en.wikipedia....kswagen_Touareg and here:
https://www.autoevol...swagen/touareg/

The world's most comprehensive guide to buying a used Generation 1 VW Touareg [T1 & T2 2002-10] that could save you money [even more essential reading!] is here:
http://www.mytreg.co...at-to-look-for/

FYI: Porsche Cayenne 955 = T1; 957 = T2; 958.1 = T3; 958.2 = T4; 9YA = T5
Brilliant site with a lot of information and many photos of all the Cayenne models since launch! https://www.stuttcar...ls/cayenne/958/

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Chris Knott Insurance - Forum Sponsor

mytreg.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on mytreg.com is generated by its users. mytreg.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.