• You cannot reply to this topic

T4 (7P) Towing & cooling fan

#101 User is offline   Cass 

• View gallery
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationHarry Hotspur land !
  • Time Online: 170d 18h 22m 12s

Posted 14 December 2020 - 11:29 PM

There is little doubt that some late T3 and early T4 models in the approx date range of 2013 - 2014 had the incorrect 600W rated cooling fans fitted when the car was manufactured with the optional factory swiveling towbar. The correct rated fan was 850w and VW and VW dealers previously agreed to upgrade the fan FOC to the correct 850W fan as several members of this forum can verify.

It does seem that VW have hardened their position on this and it is no surprise that with later claims after 2014, both VW UK a and the factory have declined to update the cooling fan FOC, on a goodwill basis.

It would seem unlikely that any further claims will be honoured but if any owner/member has any success, please update the forum.
Current - 2013 R-Line 245 PS in Pure White Special, 12 way Elec Seats in Vienna, Memory Pack, Air Susp CDC, Swivelling Towbar, TPMS and Spacesaver Spare - Gtechniq TSP treatment : )

Previous - 2012 VW Touareg Altitude 3.0 TDI 245PS, Deep Black Pearlescent and 2009 VW Touareg Altitude 3.0TDI 240PS, Diamond Black Pearlescent

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisements

• MyTreq.com

#102 User is offline   Klewy 

• View gallery
  • Group: Full Member
  • LocationCheshire
  • Time Online: 5d 1h 46m 54s

Posted 15 December 2020 - 08:38 AM

View PostDaffy, on 14 December 2020 - 05:30 PM, said:

Due to Covid it has taken over a year to get an official response via the Ombudsman which was received today see below

Further to our recent email communication, please see the below details regarding
the cooling fan on your vehicle.
As previously confirmed, your vehicle has a CVVA Engine with factory fit tow hitch
and PR code 7MM (EU6+) which has always had the 600W fan. The perceived
change, was made with the facelift model. UK launch was September 2014. At this
time UK market engines went from EU5+ to EU6+ as well as many other changes.

Factory have confirmed that the 600W fan is correct for your vehicle and the 850W
upgraded fan would not be required for your vehicle.
Please appreciate that any information supplied regarding a Volkswagen vehicle is
chassis specific and I can confirm that your vehicle information has been sent to
Factory for confirmation regarding the cooling fan. Factory have confirmed that the
600W fan is correct with regards to the technical data on your vehicle.
Although I appreciate that you are unhappy with the information I have supplied it
does represent the full and final position from Volkswagen UK and on this occasion
we would not honour a free of charge upgraded fan.

This therefore seems to be the end of it. I have challenged it as the brochure at the time my vehicle was produced still says the 850w fan was part of the tow package but it appears this will do very little. Apologies for delay but was not allowed to discuss until resolved but may help others in future.

Which of the many ombudsmen did you complain to?
2015 R-Line 262PS in White

Cheshire

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

mytreg.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on mytreg.com is generated by its users. mytreg.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.