• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

T3 VAGcom tweaks Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   NoobyT 

• Chairman
  • Group: Full Member
  • Time Online: 162d 20h 14m 46s

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:23 PM

Found this on the US site, but you play with your settings at your own risk . . .

Hello from snowy Russia!

I own 2011 TReg (new one, also called NF or 7P), and have found some tricks with VAGCOM. You will need the latest 10.6.3 version, as it has more labels and descriptions.

1. Module 17 (instruments), 10-Adaptation, and than choose Seatbelt Chime from drop-down menu. You may set it to disabled if you dont need those sound

2. You may also add oil temperature to dashboard by selecting (in the same drop-down menu)
configuration of driver information system - oil temperature - active

3. RNS-850 is actually the same is Audi MMI 3G. So you may use all codes for it, like video in motion
VIM login-code generator for MMI 3G

or enable green (hidden) menu
Module 5F, Adaptation – 10, channel 6, set 1 instead of 0. then press SETUP + CAR for several seconds.

You may even enable Offroad navigation mode on a car without TerrainTech by setting diagnose - settings - offroad navi to 1/2 - enabled in that hidden menu. Also there's some wifi network availible in RNS-850, but I haven't found how to use it.

At the moment I'm trying to send as much as possible scans of different Tregs to Ross-Tech, as it would help to improve label-files in next versions. Please do the same with your Tregs. I believe, there is much more possibilities to enable, like enabling Dynamic Light Assist or Proactive occupant protection system (seems like these are software options)
Tip! Search this forum using Google or Bing with [site:www.mytreg.com word word word ]

VW Touareg models are as follows:
Generation 1: T1 is model 7LA and the facelift T2 is model 7L6
Generation 2: T3 is model 7P5 and the facelift T4 is model 7P6
Generation 3: T5 is model CR7

Models, engines, build years, etcetera - all essential reading - is here:

http://en.wikipedia....kswagen_Touareg

The world's most comprehensive guide to buying a used VW Touareg that could save you money [even more essential reading!] is here:

http://www.mytreg.co...at-to-look-for/

FYI: Porsche Cayenne 955 = T1, 957 = T2, 958.1 = T3 and 958.2 = T4

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisements

• MyTreq.com

#2 User is offline   stu 

• View gallery
  • LocationNorth Yorks
  • Time Online: 4d 2h 5m 47s

Posted 20 January 2011 - 05:38 AM

i love stuff like this!!! nice find. you gotta admire a fiddler!!

i have the VCDS up to date one, just need a T3 now.. :lol:
Sadly The Treg Has Gone!!!!!

RR Vogue TDV8 My Current Chariot..(now chipped to 325PS and 750NM)

2006 06 reg Skoda Fabia Ambiente TDI 80 (Poor Mans Polo)

#3 User is offline   chrisbin 

• View gallery
  • Group: Club Member
  • Time Online: 10d 3h 4m 3s

Posted 20 January 2011 - 10:22 AM

Hmmm that video in motion would be nice...... :unsure: ;)
Now Tregless :(

Previous: 2011 3.0 V6 TDi T3 SE, Java Metallic, Corn Silk Beige.

Previous, previous: 2005 3.0 V6 TDi T1 Sport Auto, Diamond Black.

#4 User is offline   stu 

• View gallery
  • LocationNorth Yorks

Posted 20 January 2011 - 06:40 PM

it may be worth a go to try doing the VIM the same way as on the RNS 510!!!!

#5 User is offline   markovanbaston 

• PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Locationscotland
  • Time Online: 14h 28m 58s

Posted 21 January 2011 - 06:55 PM

can you get into setting threw the mmi itself without the vagcom? :rolleyes:

#6 User is offline   reckless 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationRussia, SPb
  • Time Online: 23h 7m 54s

Posted 23 January 2011 - 08:01 PM

Hello, guys!

It's me who wrote that post (first one in this thread) on clubtouareg.com. Unfortunately that forum seems to be dead. Anyway, I'd like to share found information, so here I am.

There's one more VAGCom trick, which is possible on new Treg - you may add Bluetooth to any RNS850 without any money. The microphone and other hardware is factory installed, all you need - is to enable it! this info is widely spread on Audi forums, but I was the first who found it in Treg3. So:

1 use VAGcom and enable Hidden (also called green) menu in RNS by setting 1 in channel 6, module 5F
2 press Car + Setup simultaneously for several seconds and enter Hidden menu. go to diagnose, then settings by rotating and pressing central knob and select AUX/AMI BT/AMI instead of AUX/no AMI BT/AMI (or find another variant without "no AMI BT")
3 also change Tel Settings misc (See diag spec) to 3. dont ask me what is it
4 reboot RNS device by simulteniously pressing Phone + Climate + Nav + Traffic + Central Knob. The other way to reboot it is to plug out fuse 47 on the right side of dasboard (am i right, is everything in front of you really called dashboard?). Another way is to leave the car closed for a night - it's enough time to self-shutdown RNS
5 set 1 to channel 17, module 5F by VAGCom. it can't be done before reboot, as channel will be unreadable.

Now you may press Tel button and connect your phone. the bluetooth is almost the same as factory one

Sorry for my english, sometimes it's not so perfect

#7 User is offline   stu 

• View gallery
  • LocationNorth Yorks

Posted 23 January 2011 - 08:17 PM

to start with your English is 100% better than my Russian so never apologise for it!!!

thanks very much for posting this useful information!!

and welcome to the forum, have you got any other top tips for any of the versions of the Treg??

#8 User is offline   filgreen 

• Honoured Member
  • View gallery
  • LocationBlack Isle, Highlands
  • Time Online: 39d 21h 17m 49s

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:50 AM

Your English is excellent.

And yes, it is called the "Dashboard".

Thanks to the Googlesphere, here is the explanation: "In a wagon, the horses would throw clumps of mud off their hooves when they would "dash"(or run). The dashboard was the board on the front that kept the mud off the passengers."

So there you have it , all that stuff is there in front of us to keep the mud off us when the horses dash!

#9 User is offline   chrisbin 

• View gallery
  • Time Online: 10d 3h 4m 3s

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:36 AM

Wow, not THAT (the bluetooth stuff) is interesting....

At the very least it should mean people (who have VAG-com's) offering much cheaper solutions......

Given the average cost for adding bluetooth kit seems to be about £300-£400 I guess this alone would pay for the cable....assuming you are happy "fiddling"...which I confess I'm not...!!!
Now Tregless :(

Previous: 2011 3.0 V6 TDi T3 SE, Java Metallic, Corn Silk Beige.

Previous, previous: 2005 3.0 V6 TDi T1 Sport Auto, Diamond Black.

#10 User is offline   reckless 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationRussia, SPb

Posted 24 January 2011 - 01:26 PM

As for other tricks - they are not so cool as free bluetooth :rolleyes: for example, you may disable or change parameters of headlamp washer.

Module [09 – Cent. Elect.]
[Security Access - 16] enter code 20113
[Adaptation - 10] - Channel 6 is time of wash (supppose in milliseconds, default 1250). set it to 0 if you want to disable it

[Security Access - 16], code 20113
[Adaptation - 10] -> Channel 26 is number of times to wash windscreen before headlamp washer starts. default is 5. in other words - every N times you pull windscreen washer, it washes headlamp

[Security Access - 16], code 20113
[Adaptation - 10] -> Channel 3 is brightness (suppose, percent of maximum value) of LED in headlamp. default is 9, you may increase it, but be careful not to burn it

Module [17]
[07-Coding] - Long Coding - Byte 1
Bit 0 is for gauge test when your turn on ignition. 1 is for enabled (default)

As for other ideas:
Dynamic Light Assist is a hardware option, you need another (more expensive one) headlamps for it. Active (sport) suspension seem to be hardware option too.
Media-In seems to be "easy-to-retrofit" and even cheaper, than factory installed. All you need is some HiddenMenu menu setup and special wire. Actually, I don't listen to music from Ipod, but hope someone could check this information in near future

Also "Proactive occupant protection system" seems like a software option, disabled in all Russia Tregs (why?). I know how to turn this option to display in RNS menu, but some coding bit is missing, so it doesnt work. Could anyone (who has this option) post here (or PM, or email me) his VCDS scan? And of course (I repeat), sending this scans to RossTech could be useful to all of us - Ross Tech hackers would find some useful options and codings and add it to newer versions

Also I'd like to find a way to disable ESP, just to go drifting on iced lake nearby - by I can't find a Security Access code for it

#11 User is offline   Simond001 

• PipPipPip
  • Time Online: 2d 10h 57m 21s

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:24 PM

View PostNoobyT, on 19 January 2011 - 09:23 PM, said:

Found this on the US site, but you play with your settings at your own risk . . .

Hello from snowy Russia!

I own 2011 TReg (new one, also called NF or 7P), and have found some tricks with VAGCOM. You will need the latest 10.6.3 version, as it has more labels and descriptions.

1. Module 17 (instruments), 10-Adaptation, and than choose Seatbelt Chime from drop-down menu. You may set it to disabled if you dont need those sound

2. You may also add oil temperature to dashboard by selecting (in the same drop-down menu)
configuration of driver information system - oil temperature - active

3. RNS-850 is actually the same is Audi MMI 3G. So you may use all codes for it, like video in motion
VIM login-code generator for MMI 3G

or enable green (hidden) menu
Module 5F, Adaptation – 10, channel 6, set 1 instead of 0. then press SETUP + CAR for several seconds.

You may even enable Offroad navigation mode on a car without TerrainTech by setting diagnose - settings - offroad navi to 1/2 - enabled in that hidden menu. Also there's some wifi network availible in RNS-850, but I haven't found how to use it.

At the moment I'm trying to send as much as possible scans of different Tregs to Ross-Tech, as it would help to improve label-files in next versions. Please do the same with your Tregs. I believe, there is much more possibilities to enable, like enabling Dynamic Light Assist or Proactive occupant protection system (seems like these are software options)

is this what i need to install bluetooth function ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...atchlink:top:en

#12 User is offline   reckless 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationRussia, SPb

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:12 PM

Simond001, no, you dont need Kufatec or any other expensive staff from ebay, just follow the instruction above.

And please, post your scans - it could really move us forward

#13 User is offline   jpm993 

• Time Online: 7h 35m

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:31 PM

View Postreckless, on 25 January 2011 - 07:12 PM, said:

Simond001, no, you dont need Kufatec or any other expensive staff from ebay, just follow the instruction above.

And please, post your scans - it could really move us forward

Firstly, Reckless.....Большое спасибо!,

I don't know anything about VAGCOM, do you have to buy or can we go to an independent dealer and have them make the changes?

If we have to buy, anyone without the bluetooth option fancy a "community buy"?

EDIT - Would it also be possible to change the settings so that the DVD will play (audio & video) when driving?

#14 User is offline   reckless 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationRussia, SPb

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:53 PM

jpm993, thanx.

I knew nothing about VAGcom just a few weeks before, but its very easy to use, you just have to see once or even guess "which button is for what". I'm not sure if your dealer will be glad to activate bluetooth for you instead of buying it at full price (when ordering a car).

I've posted this information on russian treg forum and we've found some guys in different (mostly big) cities, who are ready to help others in activating VIM, BT and other tricks. Suppose, you may do the same - find someone nearby, maybe not Treg3 owner, but also Audi or Skoda. I've even seen (on other forums) "VAGcom locator" threads, where people exchange information about this persons.

BTW, just found it

Set the speed when CAR-Settings menu becomes disabled
Module [5F - MMI 3G]
[10 - Adaptation] - Channel 2. default is 15, set it to 100 if you want to setup it while driving

#15 User is offline   jpm993 

• Time Online: 7h 35m

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:16 PM

Hey Guys, do you think an independent with a VAGcom will be able to do these for me?

#16 User is offline   reckless 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationRussia, SPb

Posted 26 January 2011 - 08:50 PM

jpm993, I think it's rather easy.

BTW, I've found navi version info in hidden menu, mine is 2010. "8r0060884r" also googles as 2010 version

Attached File(s)

#17 User is offline   Simond001 

• PipPipPip

Posted 04 February 2011 - 04:43 PM

View Postreckless, on 23 January 2011 - 08:01 PM, said:

Hello, guys!

It's me who wrote that post (first one in this thread) on clubtouareg.com. Unfortunately that forum seems to be dead. Anyway, I'd like to share found information, so here I am.

There's one more VAGCom trick, which is possible on new Treg - you may add Bluetooth to any RNS850 without any money. The microphone and other hardware is factory installed, all you need - is to enable it! this info is widely spread on Audi forums, but I was the first who found it in Treg3. So:

1 use VAGcom and enable Hidden (also called green) menu in RNS by setting 1 in channel 6, module 5F
2 press Car + Setup simultaneously for several seconds and enter Hidden menu. go to diagnose, then settings by rotating and pressing central knob and select AUX/AMI BT/AMI instead of AUX/no AMI BT/AMI (or find another variant without "no AMI BT")
3 also change Tel Settings misc (See diag spec) to 3. dont ask me what is it
4 reboot RNS device by plugging out fuse 47 on the right side of dasboard (am i right, is everything in front of you really called dashboard?). Another way is to leave the car closed for a night - it's enough time to self-shutdown RNS
5 set 1 to channel 17, module 5F by VAGCom. it can't be done before reboot, as channel will be unreadable.

Now you may press Tel button and connect your phone. the bluetooth is almost the same as factory one

Sorry for my english, sometimes it's not so perfect

Ok, so I went to my local dealers today and plugged in.

They were using the VW system, not VAG Com as they dont have access to that.
Step one was ok.
Step two didnt work. When we pressed Car and Set we didnt get a menu that offered "diagnose"

We could scroll through different software options, we could see an option to "upgrade" .

One option said bluetooth, but you didnt have the option to open this

Has anyone in the UK managed to turn bluetooth on? just wondering if we have the same software as in Russia, or if this is somethign Main Dealers cant do but a inde can?

#18 User is offline   reckless 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationRussia, SPb

Posted 06 February 2011 - 08:26 PM

Simond001, seems like you've pressed not Car+Setup, but Car + Phone buttons - it's a shortcut to version screen, there's an update option (absent in real Hidden Menu).

If your dealer has really done step 1 - just start the RNS, wait a minute, open radio mode and then press CAR+SETUP buttons. You should see "Loading Green menu..." text for a few seconds and then a screen looking like this
http://www.touareg-c...60&d=1293396009

This trick is well-known on Audis, you may google for it. I think its impossible, if Russia Tregs would be different from UK

#19 User is offline   Sparky32 

• PipPip
  • Time Online: 5h 37m 5s

Posted 14 February 2011 - 04:01 PM

Has anyone proven this yet for a UK Treg3? Was going to try and get someone with a VAGCom to have a go at this and the VMI but it sounds like the attempt above failed..

#20 User is offline   Simond001 

• PipPipPip

Posted 17 February 2011 - 12:12 AM

I'm going to Joe's on Saturday who have the updated VAGCom. I'll advise after he has had a look.

It was looked at by Care's last week but he couldn't access the right menu on his VAGCom, and advised where to go. Nice guys and would use for servicing on the other cars, just a shame they could fix this.

Share this topic:

• 12 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

mytreg.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on mytreg.com is generated by its users. mytreg.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.