Water leak 2014 T3 - myTreg forums - Page 3

myTreg forums: Water leak 2014 T3 - myTreg forums

Jump to content

Chris Knott Insurance - Forum Sponsor
  • 3 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Water leak 2014 T3 It's rather wet inside! Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   roytour 

  • Elite Member
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 5220
  • Joined: 26-August 12
  • LocationMontauriol, France
  • Time Online: 95d 11h 57m 14s

Posted 21 February 2017 - 09:54 PM

 Caladan, on 21 February 2017 - 09:03 PM, said:

News of today is that the new cassette is fitted and not leaking...although I will be the judge of that. Fusebox is to be removed for visual inspection and the carpets to ensure that they are dry now. May be Thursday. May be not...
make sure you sign up to uber and use their 7 seater
2014 R-Line 245 PS in Pure White Special, 12 way Elec Seats in titan black, Memory Pack, Air Susp CDC, Retractable Towbar, TPMS and Spacesaver Spare, Area View, Rear sunblinds, Parking Heater, heated front windscreen, Google Earth - oh yes and a heated steering wheel :)

Gone but not forgotten - 58 plate altitude v6 3.0 240ps

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisements

  • MyTreq.com



#42 User is offline   Caladan 

  • Senior Member
  • Group: Full Member
  • Posts: 971
  • Joined: 17-October 13
  • LocationSurrey
  • Time Online: 20d 9h 13m 4s

Posted 24 February 2017 - 04:59 PM

 roytour, on 21 February 2017 - 09:54 PM, said:

make sure you sign up to uber and use their 7 seater


:rolleyes:

well the Treg is back together and dehumidifying. The fuse-box was removed inspected, approved and dried. And I will collect Monday. 6 weeks later, but at least their footing the bill without argument.
Current: 3.0L R-line White, Moonrock Vienna seats, piano black inserts, CDC, air-bag pack, parking heater/heated screen, towbar, Dynaudio, sun-blinds, blind spot assist, traffic sign recog., aerial view, dynamic light assist, Pikes Peak Summers, Karakum Winters.
Previous: Touareg V10

#43 User is offline   Caladan 

  • Senior Member
  • Group: Full Member
  • Posts: 971
  • Joined: 17-October 13
  • LocationSurrey
  • Time Online: 20d 9h 13m 4s

Posted 27 February 2017 - 05:26 PM

 Caladan, on 24 February 2017 - 04:59 PM, said:

:rolleyes:

well the Treg is back together and dehumidifying. The fuse-box was removed inspected, approved and dried. And I will collect Monday. 6 weeks later, but at least their footing the bill without argument.


and I have it back...seems to be fine. Carpets are bone dry. Sunroof works in all the required ways, and the roof lining is without blemish, kinks etc.

By the end of this weeks will be able to tell if it leaks in the cold!

Thanks to all the various inputs from all.

Caladan
Current: 3.0L R-line White, Moonrock Vienna seats, piano black inserts, CDC, air-bag pack, parking heater/heated screen, towbar, Dynaudio, sun-blinds, blind spot assist, traffic sign recog., aerial view, dynamic light assist, Pikes Peak Summers, Karakum Winters.
Previous: Touareg V10

#44 User is offline   roytour 

  • Elite Member
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 5220
  • Joined: 26-August 12
  • LocationMontauriol, France
  • Time Online: 95d 11h 57m 14s

Posted 28 February 2017 - 04:22 AM

 Caladan, on 27 February 2017 - 05:26 PM, said:

and I have it back...seems to be fine. Carpets are bone dry. Sunroof works in all the required ways, and the roof lining is without blemish, kinks etc.

By the end of this weeks will be able to tell if it leaks in the cold!

Thanks to all the various inputs from all.

Caladan

When you selling ? :)
2014 R-Line 245 PS in Pure White Special, 12 way Elec Seats in titan black, Memory Pack, Air Susp CDC, Retractable Towbar, TPMS and Spacesaver Spare, Area View, Rear sunblinds, Parking Heater, heated front windscreen, Google Earth - oh yes and a heated steering wheel :)

Gone but not forgotten - 58 plate altitude v6 3.0 240ps

#45 User is offline   Caladan 

  • Senior Member
  • Group: Full Member
  • Posts: 971
  • Joined: 17-October 13
  • LocationSurrey
  • Time Online: 20d 9h 13m 4s

Posted 28 February 2017 - 06:38 PM

 roytour, on 28 February 2017 - 04:22 AM, said:

When you selling ? :)


as soon as it starts leaking again!
Current: 3.0L R-line White, Moonrock Vienna seats, piano black inserts, CDC, air-bag pack, parking heater/heated screen, towbar, Dynaudio, sun-blinds, blind spot assist, traffic sign recog., aerial view, dynamic light assist, Pikes Peak Summers, Karakum Winters.
Previous: Touareg V10

#46 User is offline   roytour 

  • Elite Member
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 5220
  • Joined: 26-August 12
  • LocationMontauriol, France
  • Time Online: 95d 11h 57m 14s

Posted 28 February 2017 - 09:13 PM

 Caladan, on 28 February 2017 - 06:38 PM, said:

as soon as it starts leaking again!

Good one, I hope that's a never for your sake.
2014 R-Line 245 PS in Pure White Special, 12 way Elec Seats in titan black, Memory Pack, Air Susp CDC, Retractable Towbar, TPMS and Spacesaver Spare, Area View, Rear sunblinds, Parking Heater, heated front windscreen, Google Earth - oh yes and a heated steering wheel :)

Gone but not forgotten - 58 plate altitude v6 3.0 240ps

#47 User is offline   anomader 

  • Junior Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Full Member
  • Posts: 28
  • Joined: 07-September 07
  • Time Online: 1d 14h 52m 57s

Posted 02 January 2021 - 09:43 PM

First of all Happy New Year to all.

I had hoped never to need to respond to this thread, three year ago, but sh** happens. Before Christmas, but after

a. fitting a set of Goodyear Vector4 seasons Gen 3s to my winter rims (good price from my local Merittyre specialist and seasonal £80 off through Goodyear unexpectedly, plus
b. getting the rear pads / discs / sensors swapped for Brembo ones courtesy of Europarts Black Fri sale and my local indy VW garage for £338 (about £310 less than Lookers wanted)

I put the deicer in the passenger door and noticed that the passenger carpet was soaking wet. And yes the headlining was damp at the side of the windscreen with water dripping down from the fuse box area. Confirmed by a reluctance of the battery to start her.

The car was due at VW Guildford on the 21st of Dec for an MOT and checkup, and they confirmed the sunroof front drain tubes were not blocked, so it is either the cassette again (!), or the drain tube (unlikely as it is pretty robust rubber) or the joint between the two?

Car will be back with them Jan 4th for the headlining strip out and diagnosis (£300).

My bet is on the drain tube joint, because I filled the entrance to the drain from the sunroof with Sugru after the MOT - which can be easily knocked out, and low, the carpets have dried significantly and the battery stopped discharging.

So my question is whether anyone please knows if using cable ties to secure the drain tube to the sunroof cassette became mandatory and if so when? Or if the cassette was modified and again if so when?

The last time VW paid for the new cassette because the car was 1 week outside warranty, but this time I suspect they will demur given the T3 is 7 years old with 60K, in which case I am going to try the small claims court if the cost is more than £300, since it is less than 3 years since the whole cassette was swapped.

May your vaccination be swift.

Rgds

Caladan
Jan 2013 T3 White, Vienna grey, parking / screen heater, towbar, dynamic lights, piano black, Dynaudio, parking cams, CDC, previous 2006 V10 - with everything bar parking heater...

#48 User is offline   Black Grouse 

  • Lifelong Motorhead
  • View gallery
  • Group: Full Member
  • Posts: 2810
  • Joined: 15-April 15
  • LocationSouth Staffordshire
  • Time Online: 449d 17h 14m 53s

Posted 02 January 2021 - 10:18 PM

 anomader, on 02 January 2021 - 09:43 PM, said:

First of all Happy New Year to all.

I had hoped never to need to respond to this thread, three year ago, but sh** happens. Before Christmas, but after

a. fitting a set of Goodyear Vector4 seasons Gen 3s to my winter rims (good price from my local Merittyre specialist and seasonal £80 off through Goodyear unexpectedly, plus
b. getting the rear pads / discs / sensors swapped for Brembo ones courtesy of Europarts Black Fri sale and my local indy VW garage for £338 (about £310 less than Lookers wanted)

I put the deicer in the passenger door and noticed that the passenger carpet was soaking wet. And yes the headlining was damp at the side of the windscreen with water dripping down from the fuse box area. Confirmed by a reluctance of the battery to start her.

The car was due at VW Guildford on the 21st of Dec for an MOT and checkup, and they confirmed the sunroof front drain tubes were not blocked, so it is either the cassette again (!), or the drain tube (unlikely as it is pretty robust rubber) or the joint between the two?

Car will be back with them Jan 4th for the headlining strip out and diagnosis (£300).

My bet is on the drain tube joint, because I filled the entrance to the drain from the sunroof with Sugru after the MOT - which can be easily knocked out, and low, the carpets have dried significantly and the battery stopped discharging.

So my question is whether anyone please knows if using cable ties to secure the drain tube to the sunroof cassette became mandatory and if so when? Or if the cassette was modified and again if so when?

The last time VW paid for the new cassette because the car was 1 week outside warranty, but this time I suspect they will demur given the T3 is 7 years old with 60K, in which case I am going to try the small claims court if the cost is more than £300, since it is less than 3 years since the whole cassette was swapped.

May your vaccination be swift.

Rgds

Caladan


I had the same issue with my T4 built September 2015 - I was told by the dealer that a modified cassette had been used for the rebuild.
2016 MY Touareg SE 262 - Reef Blue

#49 User is offline   anomader 

  • Junior Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Full Member
  • Posts: 28
  • Joined: 07-September 07
  • Time Online: 1d 14h 52m 57s

Posted 02 January 2021 - 11:22 PM

 Black Grouse, on 02 January 2021 - 10:18 PM, said:

I had the same issue with my T4 built September 2015 - I was told by the dealer that a modified cassette had been used for the rebuild.


Thanks Black Grouse. My cassette was fitted Feb 2017 so it should be the modified one...
Jan 2013 T3 White, Vienna grey, parking / screen heater, towbar, dynamic lights, piano black, Dynaudio, parking cams, CDC, previous 2006 V10 - with everything bar parking heater...

#50 User is offline   anomader 

  • Junior Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Full Member
  • Posts: 28
  • Joined: 07-September 07
  • Time Online: 1d 14h 52m 57s

Posted 05 January 2021 - 02:05 AM

 anomader, on 02 January 2021 - 11:22 PM, said:

Thanks Black Grouse. My cassette was fitted Feb 2017 so it should be the modified one...


So it is the sunroof wind deflector rubber seal that is no longer sealing...why this has to penetrate the cassette housing is beyond me, but it clearly does and so water can gain ingress to the cabin. Will send the video showing the problem. £700 mostly labour.

Caladan
Jan 2013 T3 White, Vienna grey, parking / screen heater, towbar, dynamic lights, piano black, Dynaudio, parking cams, CDC, previous 2006 V10 - with everything bar parking heater...

#51 User is offline   anomader 

  • Junior Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Full Member
  • Posts: 28
  • Joined: 07-September 07
  • Time Online: 1d 14h 52m 57s

Posted 13 January 2021 - 10:51 AM

Sorry having no luck trying to extract the video from the link VW Lookers sent...my go to tool to do this does not work.
Jan 2013 T3 White, Vienna grey, parking / screen heater, towbar, dynamic lights, piano black, Dynaudio, parking cams, CDC, previous 2006 V10 - with everything bar parking heater...

Share this topic:


  • 3 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Chris Knott Insurance - Forum Sponsor

mytreg.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on mytreg.com is generated by its users. mytreg.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.