• PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Full Member
  • LocationRussia
  • Time Online: 31d 18h 32s

Posted 29 February 2016 - 12:41 AM

(google translate)

Hello, All!
At our Russian forum there is possible to update RNS850 with FW to version K0775 and Navi to 6.17.3 (2014) for free.
Of course that isn't officially activated, but successfully work if you do everything carefully. This free solution uses first tipe of activation with cured application. This means that RNS 850 not receives VIN number. To solve this problem you must us VIN patcher, which manually write your VIN number to firmware. VIN patcher only masks wasting VIN number.
There is also a present commercial way to activate maps, which costs $50, you can find it on the internet, it does not prevent get the VIN number by RNS850, and you can use the original firmware K0775 or latest. I do not advertise it, so as not to run into the sanctions against Russian users :) But you can try to find it on the internet.
In just a few days, I want transfer instructions here, if it is allowed by moderators.
Generally 1-2 weeks, I plan to visit London for a few days, where I can install the latest firmware and sale TTL adapter for mmi3gp/rns850 to restore the device after wrong activators and for FW repairing and basic diags. But that is another story.
At current time possible to install K0821 firmware, maps 6.22.3 and the activator without wasting VIN.
If my message breaks forum rules, ready to plead guilty and remove the subject and did not raise it with you.
Posted Image
Too much of a good thing is good for nothing.

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisements

• MyTreq.com

#2 User is offline   Geraout 

• View gallery
  • Group: Club Member
  • Time Online: 22d 16h 55m 1s

Posted 29 February 2016 - 08:15 AM

This is excellent. Welcome along Boing.

I have struggled with using Google translate on the Russian forum.

It appeared that later maps were available but they seem to be carefully guarded. I have posted a few times and my post and even pms have just been ignored.

Perhaps you will be able to explain for us :D
2012 T3 V6 SE 245PS

#3 User is offline   roytour 

• Elite Member
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationMontauriol, France
  • Time Online: 95d 11h 24m 47s

Posted 29 February 2016 - 08:31 AM

Just for you info I have chatted with this guy already and he seems to know his stuff and appears genuine.
2014 R-Line 245 PS in Pure White Special, 12 way Elec Seats in titan black, Memory Pack, Air Susp CDC, Retractable Towbar, TPMS and Spacesaver Spare, Area View, Rear sunblinds, Parking Heater, heated front windscreen, Google Earth - oh yes and a heated steering wheel :)

Gone but not forgotten - 58 plate altitude v6 3.0 240ps

#4 User is offline   zerbino 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationRussia

Posted 29 February 2016 - 09:52 AM

That guy is me) Newest nav versions updates are guarded. Because foreigners pay these cards - a penny. But at the forum people are thrown off the money to be able to cheaply update their maps. This is especially important for people in the regions. So if the maps will be in the hands of foreigners, a very large chance that these maps will be in the public domain. So the risk no one wants. Get the latest version of the maps and the firmware is very difficult. No one shares them just like that. I have given the opportunity to update the map for free absolutely no new cars (2010-2014), but agree that it is okay if a more recent version of the maps all the same pay. And not a lot of money, but adequate, especially for the Russian. In this connection, I delete messages, but I really first people usually answer that foreigners can not participate in group purchasing maps. The reasons I have indicated above. So please forgive me and understand, if someone offended.
I created a topic section http://www.mytreg.co...d-navi-upgrade/ To see if they have, who are willing to upgrade if I arrive in London. We assume it is feasible the provision of opportunities to do it cheaply to people from England. I am even ready, if it takes a lot of time to fly back home later. (Firmware update takes 1 hour and maps 3 hours). But, of course, I'm not ready to do it at my own expense.)
I understand that some will be difficult to understand the Russian translation by Google. But you will be even harder to understand the translation from me. I do not know English well (such talk at the level of simple sentences). I'll try to find someone who will do the translation for you, but I can not promise it quickly.
(I hope you got what I meant)

I see that my topic deleted. So.. Ok

#5 User is offline   zerbino 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationRussia

Posted 01 March 2016 - 07:10 PM

So.
Is there exist persons who would like to install, if I come to England, latest firmware K0821 and/or latest maps to 6.22.3?

#6 User is offline   miazza 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationMilan
  • Time Online: 22h 18m 22s

Posted 01 March 2016 - 09:11 PM

View PostZerbino, on 01 March 2016 - 07:10 PM, said:

So.
Is there exist persons who would like to install, if I come to England, latest firmware K0821 and/or latest maps to 6.22.3?

Hi zerbino, I believe that people in the forum would like only to have the material and try themselves the updrade and new map activation.
Personally I am only interested in a MAP update (V9 I udestand is the latest).

My question is: why not to share latest FW and MAP update for free ? Several people would pay the fee for MAP activation ...
Tuareg 3.0 V6 TDI Tiptronic Bluemotion - 2010 - RNS 850 Infotainment system.

#7 User is offline   zerbino 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationRussia

Posted 01 March 2016 - 09:32 PM

I answered this question at removed topic. To say briefly, I did not get it for free, we did a group buy for it cost a little for everyone. And at least these people will be against putting some of this to share. But they do not mind if I install, even if not free. Such were the conditions. I help our savings, they did not prevent me to earn a penny, if given the opportunity. But I have no right to share them free. Nothing prevents other forums do the same at least BTW. With this confidence, we were able to quickly update maps on 7P6051236AD (v7), further 7P6051236AH (v8), and finally 7P6051236AM (v9). Russia is big, not everyone can come to Moscow for the update. Suggest to upgrade the local forum members for nothing at all, no one can (50p for FW+Maps+Act). This is our cooperation.
But I also know that there are people who also want to upgrade, but do not pay the huge cost for that, especially since updates are released often lately. Therefore, the savings comes palpable. My suggestion - this offer to save those who want it, if they appear. If they would not be - there is no problem, I will not take with me on a business trip software and will not help no one to save. It's simple.
I hope you guys understand my point.

POI's on latest maps and fw
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   zerbino 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationRussia

Posted 02 March 2016 - 04:05 PM

BTW i can come with repair adapter, so if you have bricked RNS850 main unit (with buggy activators too), it's possible to repair it or diagnose as minimum. Testing in car.
It will not help if you have problems with hardware of course. If I have to take more than one adapter - also let me know.

#9 User is offline   Geraout 

• View gallery

Posted 02 March 2016 - 06:37 PM

I would be interested Zerbino.

Where would you be doing the job?
2012 T3 V6 SE 245PS

#10 User is offline   zerbino 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationRussia

Posted 02 March 2016 - 07:26 PM

At your car of course :)

#11 User is offline   Geraout 

• View gallery

Posted 02 March 2016 - 07:30 PM

Thanks - I meant at what location?
2012 T3 V6 SE 245PS

#12 User is offline   zerbino 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationRussia

Posted 02 March 2016 - 09:24 PM

Airport - London hotel - <time for that job> - 1 place - <time for that job> - London hotel - Airport :)
<time for that job> - time will extend if need even and change ticket.

#13 User is offline   roytour 

• Elite Member
  • View gallery

Posted 02 March 2016 - 10:46 PM

View Postzerbino, on 02 March 2016 - 09:24 PM, said:

Airport - London hotel - <time for that job> - 1 place - <time for that job> - London hotel - Airport :)
<time for that job> - time will extend if need even and change ticket.

+1 subject to timing
2014 R-Line 245 PS in Pure White Special, 12 way Elec Seats in titan black, Memory Pack, Air Susp CDC, Retractable Towbar, TPMS and Spacesaver Spare, Area View, Rear sunblinds, Parking Heater, heated front windscreen, Google Earth - oh yes and a heated steering wheel :)

#14 User is offline   zerbino 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationRussia

Posted 02 March 2016 - 11:18 PM

I want to remind for all that I can not give 100% guarantee that everything will be error-free, if you have a hardware problem with the device. Usually they appear when you update something. It manifested a failed internal flash memory or a hard disk (where the maps are stored) (where firmware is stored). If you are not willing to take these risks for themselves, then it is better not to settle for the update. With software problems I can help, but the hardware - the only problem is your equipment. If they show up with you, on the spot, I would not be able to solve them.
If you do not believe or do not trust, it is better not to accept.
Firmware update - if there is a failure, it is usually critical.
Update navigation data - if there is a failure, it is usually not critical, but the navigation does not work.
Correction of the first - desoldering, replacement, flash memory programming, and full installation all over again.
Fix the second - a hard drive replacement and full installation all over again.

If someone agrees - let me know in advance what you want to get. FW or FW+Navi or maybe some fixes.
I have VCDS too, so if need, can activate VIM, Bluetooth and Eberspacher (if unit physically present on you 204hp diesel)

#15 User is offline   Shytot 

• Elite Member
  • View gallery
  • Time Online: 9d 23h 51m 54s

Posted 07 March 2016 - 08:32 AM

Does anyone know what the difference is between 0775 and 0821 FW?
If there is no improvement in the phone and data interface then I think it is not worth risking the FW update for me.

Does the new map version 6.22.3 still work with 0775 FW?
61 V6 Altitude with area view and panoramic roof

Posted Image

#16 User is offline   roytour 

• Elite Member
  • View gallery

Posted 07 March 2016 - 10:55 AM

View PostShytot, on 07 March 2016 - 08:32 AM, said:

Does anyone know what the difference is between 0775 and 0821 FW?
If there is no improvement in the phone and data interface then I think it is not worth risking the FW update for me.

Does the new map version 6.22.3 still work with 0775 FW?
the firmware update is the question I asked, I need to know the bugs and enhancements, I did google a bit but found nothing

#17 User is offline   zerbino 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationRussia

Posted 07 March 2016 - 11:11 AM

There are 2 types of activators. First - used in this guide with novin masked by vinpatcher. Second - "Keldo activator". First not works on newest FW (K0821), because VAG fix that bug. "Keldo activator" don't block VIN, it works on all firmwares, it works with latest maps and don't need to update FW (if you don't need that). So it works with stock FW. But it cost 50. I think currently it's the best activation method.
All FW updates is bugfixes. But at K0821 added Google maps, but currently it works only on newest cars, who get RNS850+SIM factory installed and Online Traffic activated.
But today, by the way, we were able to do it all on all Touaregs. use google translate
Posted Image

#18 User is offline   Shytot 

• Elite Member
  • View gallery
  • Time Online: 9d 23h 51m 54s

Posted 07 March 2016 - 11:34 AM

View Postzerbino, on 07 March 2016 - 11:11 AM, said:

There are 2 tipes of activators. First - used in this guide with novin masked by vinpatcher. Second - "Keldo activator". First not works on newest FW (K0821), because VAG fix that bug. "Keldo activator" don't block VIN, it works on all firmwares, it works with latest maps and don't need to update FW (if you don't need that). So it works with stock FW. But it cost 50. I think currently it's the best activation method.
All FW updates is bugfixes. But at K0821 added Google maps, but currently it works only on newest cars, who get RNS850+SIM factory installed and Online Traffic activated.
(But today, by the way, we were able to do it all on all Touaregs. use google translate)

Thanks for the information and the link.

I have used your previous FW and VIN patch to install 0775 - it runs fine :)

So from what I can understand - I have 2011 model with SIM card slot in glovebox.

The link suggests that there is a possibility to get google maps and online traffic with 0821 and option for map upgrade.

I would definitely be interested if I can get the additional functionality on my 2011 system :thumbsup:
61 V6 Altitude with area view and panoramic roof

Posted Image

#19 User is offline   zerbino 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationRussia

Posted 07 March 2016 - 11:48 AM

View PostShytot, on 07 March 2016 - 11:34 AM, said:

Thanks for the information and the link.
I have used your previous FW and VIN patch to install 0775 - it runs fine :)
So from what I can understand - I have 2011 model with SIM card slot in glovebox.
The link suggests that there is a possibility to get google maps and online traffic with 0821 and option for map upgrade.
I would definitely be interested if I can get the additional functionality on my 2011 system :thumbsup:

I will not send the maps 6.22.3 to install because they are not protected. But you have a unit with a SIM card, so you have an option for easy activation. You will only need to update the firmware and activate Google. It can make you do, but at your own risk. Of course it will made only for your unit. Also for me personally is questionable shipping firmware. This creates the risk that it will shared. I can defend against this. But if it will shared, option for the activation of a Google remotely you will no longer appear and poeople must to send Main Unit in Moscow for all jobs.

#20 User is offline   zerbino 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationRussia

Posted 12 March 2016 - 04:16 PM

:rolleyes:
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 13 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

mytreg.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on mytreg.com is generated by its users. mytreg.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.