EXHAUST WORKSHOP warning light & how to fix - myTreg forums

myTreg forums: EXHAUST WORKSHOP warning light & how to fix - myTreg forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

EXHAUST WORKSHOP warning light & how to fix TDI V6 intake inlet manifold swirl flap repair set Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   mryousa 

• Pip
  • Group: Full Member
  • LocationSydney
  • Time Online: 2h 11m 3s

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:05 PM

Here is information that may assist when the EXHAUST WORKSHOP warning light comes on. At the same time a picture of an engine appears & stays on.
Error code P008 intake manifold runner control circuit open.

The major cause of this fault seems to be that the linkage joining the electric motors to the swirl control flap is worn out & may have come adrift - as it did with my 07 TDI V6 Treg. You can establish this by feeling the linkage arm on each side. If it is loose, this is most likely the problem. On my vehicle, the arm was flapping about unimpeded.!

Here is a short video of the link & wear
http://www.youtube.c...d&v=2GpsQlZYki4

Your friendly VW dealer will tell you that to fix the problem the inlet manifolds with attendant gear will have to be replaced at a cost of A$3000 for parts & labour. This is not correct in that the parts are readily available to repair this problem in a short time.
Take a look at this video which shows where the item is located on the engine & how to remove & refit in a few minutes.It is in German but dont worry - it is self explanetory. The video shows an Audi V6 motor. The VW equivalent is almost identical.

So where can you get the repair kit? On Ebay - where else? But before you go there, try your local VW parts dealer & ask for part number 059198212.

Here is a UK seller where I bought my parts. It contains a great deal of useful information as well.
http://www.ebay.com....#ht_4776wt_1606

INTERIM REPAIR. While waiting for the part to arrive [I am in Sydney Australia] I used a 10 cm strip of kitchen aluminium foil approx 1 cm wide to pack the gap between ball & plastic end. Fold /roll it so that you end up with an about 1.5cm x 1cm packet! Squash it so that it can be inserted into the keyhole slot in the damaged end of the linkage arm. Pry the foil open with a pencil or similar tool so as to make a hole to facilitate snapping the fitting back on to the ball. Snap the arm off with a screw driver. I effected the repair without removing the electric motor. It worked a treat.
Immediately the warning message I icon went out & the car runs beautifully.

Here are some German Ebay sites for linkage arm repair kits as well as some other items. The most interesting of these is the cost of TWO inlet manifolds for EU370 for the pair!!
http://www.ebay.de/s...#item19d8b78b81

Hope this helps save you some money as well as keeping perfectly good inlet manifilds out of the wast stream.

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisements

• MyTreq.com

#2 User is offline   Loz 

• View gallery
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationBerkeley UK
  • Time Online: 306d 10h 18m 38s

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:30 AM

Thanks for the write up, I have pinned this topic to make it easier for others to find.
Regards Loz

VW California T6 MY17 204 DSG 4motion in Blackberry
Vag-Com if anyone in area needs to use it...
(previous)2011 T3 Escape - 2010 Tiguan R-Line 170 - 2010 Golf 170GTD DSG - Landcruiser 78 series(Troopie)
(previous)2009 Golf 140GT DSG - 2007 Shogun Warrior 3.2 SWB - 2001 Discovery 2
(previous)1999 Audi 2.4SE Avant....>>>>>>> way back.. Ford Mk1 Capri

Tip! Search this forum using google with [site:www.mytreg.com word word word ]

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Chris Knott Insurance - Forum Sponsor

mytreg.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on mytreg.com is generated by its users. mytreg.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.