myTreg forums: RAL Series Running Boards - newest offering by Romik® - myTreg forums

Chris Knott Insurance - Forum Sponsor

RAL Series Running Boards - newest offering by Romik®

#1 User is offline   carid 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Site Sponsor
  • LocationNA
  • Time Online: 12h 27m 38s

Posted 06 March 2015 - 03:15 PM

Running boards are the oldest type of cabin ingress and egress assistance, and were standard equipment on all early autos. With these handy steps, you'll kill two birds with one stone: make it easy to get in and out of your vehicle and add an extra touch of uniqueness to it.

Romik® is one of the brands, that never stops surprising their customers. Direct from the Romik European labs comes a new style of Running Board that has been tested for durability and strength. Their newest offering the RAL Running Board will set your 2014 VW Touareg apart from the rest. Made from extruded aluminum and top off with a skid resistant top. The RAL series is luxury at its best. Available in silver or black finishes. The Black RAL-B is complemented by black end caps and grip assurance technology.

Silver Running Boards

Posted Image

Black Running Boards

Posted Image

Features:

- No cutting or welding required for installation
- Made from extruded aluminum and top off with a skid resistant top
- Comes with everything required for installation, including instructions.

We think they look great. And what is your opinion?

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisements

• MyTreq.com

#2 Guest_Felix_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 06 March 2015 - 09:08 PM

Would like to see a pic. with them on.

#3 User is offline   Pignut71 

• PipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • LocationHertfordshire
  • Time Online: 1d 10h 31m 9s

Posted 07 March 2015 - 10:39 PM

^^ As above and an installation guide.
Soon to be the proud owner of a 2014 Touareg R-Line 245 in Canyon Grey.

#4 User is offline   roytour 

• Elite Member
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderators
  • Locationgu11
  • Time Online: 88d 17h 56m 5s

Posted 08 March 2015 - 03:34 PM

View PostPignut71, on 07 March 2015 - 10:39 PM, said:

^^ As above and an installation guide.
If you have an R-line it is very doubtful these will fit as standard. I helped fit a pair on a fellow board members and you need to utilise tbolts inserted into locations that require cover panels to be removed modificatins made a refitted not a simple fitting.
2014 R-Line 245 PS in Pure White Special, 12 way Elec Seats in titan black, Memory Pack, Air Susp CDC, Retractable Towbar, TPMS and Spacesaver Spare, Area View, Rear sunblinds, Parking Heater, heated front windscreen, Google Earth - oh yes and a heated steering wheel :)

Gone but not forgotten - 58 plate altitude v6 3.0 240ps

#5 User is offline   iantouareg 

• View gallery
  • LocationPontefract UK
  • Time Online: 5d 3h 25m 25s

Posted 08 March 2015 - 03:53 PM

View Postroytour, on 08 March 2015 - 03:34 PM, said:

If you have an R-line it is very doubtful these will fit as standard. I helped fit a pair on a fellow board members and you need to utilise tbolts inserted into locations that require cover panels to be removed modificatins made a refitted not a simple fitting.

Same on the T1, I have a set of boards on my Treg for my wife, she has a lot of difficulty climbing in and out of the car. So with the Air shocks and the boards I got you can see the missus here holding one of my bikes.

Posted Image

I could never understand why she likes and old git like me. ;)
Old Fart living in the BOX
Vehicles:-
VW T1 V10 Toerag (description of many mechanics)
Toyota Supra MKlll MA70(NA)GT
Honda Gold Wing GL1000 (in restoration)

#6 User is offline   carid 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Site Sponsor
  • LocationNA
  • Time Online: 12h 27m 38s

Posted 09 March 2015 - 07:59 AM

Guys,unfortunately the manufacturer did not provide pictures of the running boards installed on the VW Touareg yet. We will update you with some pictures as soon as we get them from Romik or our customers. As for the installation, detailed instructions comes with the running boards. You can check this installation video for Honda Pilot, that shows you the whole process: https://www.youtube....h?v=5YQCwsW_fNE

#7 User is offline   roytour 

• Elite Member
  • View gallery
  • Locationgu11

Posted 09 March 2015 - 08:10 AM

View Postcarid, on 09 March 2015 - 07:59 AM, said:

Guys,unfortunately the manufacturer did not provide pictures of the running boards installed on the VW Touareg yet. We will update you with some pictures as soon as we get them from Romik or our customers. As for the installation, detailed instructions comes with the running boards. You can check this installation video for Honda Pilot, that shows you the whole process: https://www.youtube....h?v=5YQCwsW_fNE
So as I have said dependant upon model their is a likely need for modification of cover panels and possibly invalidating warranty.
2014 R-Line 245 PS in Pure White Special, 12 way Elec Seats in titan black, Memory Pack, Air Susp CDC, Retractable Towbar, TPMS and Spacesaver Spare, Area View, Rear sunblinds, Parking Heater, heated front windscreen, Google Earth - oh yes and a heated steering wheel :)

#8 User is offline   NoobyT 

• Chairman
  • Group: Club Member
  • Time Online: 132d 9h 6m 59s

Posted 09 March 2015 - 11:10 AM

Buy the things, get them sent from the US, pay UK customs duty, open the box and that's the first time you see the fitting instructions.

Yup, that's a brilliant USP.

CariDiots.
Tip! Search this forum using Google with [site:www.mytreg.com word word word ]

VW Touareg models: Generation 1 - T1/7LA and the facelift T2/7L6; Generation 2 - T3/7P5 and the facelift T4/7P6. Models, engines, build years, etc. [essential reading] here:

http://en.wikipedia....kswagen_Touareg

Generation 3 [T5 using Touareg forums' model numbering] is due late summer 2017 for the 2018 model year.

The world's most comprehensive guide to buying a used VW Touareg that could save you money [even more essential reading!]

http://www.mytreg.co...at-to-look-for/

FYI: Porsche Cayenne 955 = T1, 957 = T2, 958.1 = T3 and 958.2 = T4

#9 User is offline   iantouareg 

• View gallery
  • LocationPontefract UK
  • Time Online: 5d 3h 25m 25s

Posted 09 March 2015 - 01:00 PM

I can concur that the fitting instructions are a single sheet of A4, detailing what's in the box, two sets of support bars one set label'd Front left, middle left and rear left. the others clearly don't need labelling, the support "bolt" are just a piece of flat bar with a welded on bolt at right angels which fits inside a hole in the floor underneath the car, the plastic cover (cheap plastic too and becomes brittle after a few years and breaks easy) needs to be cut which in turn allows the stupid thing to hang down a bit; go off road and you will loose it ( I was thinking about making new ones out of aluminium sheet).

But once on they dpo do what they say on the tin (box) they do help you get in easier if you don't have air shocks. But for my wife it makes it even easier for her with her bad legs. So I am not dissing them they look very nice, but if you intend to go off road they wont help with ground clearance. Not the Boards but the fixing brackets will project below the body work underneath. Worth the money, well for a tart up yes, does it make the Treg look tougher, er no, useful yes to a point. Easy to remove, took an hour and a half to get them on, and less than thirty minutes to get them off. So those weekends in the woods, mud and sh**, are still on the cards, but they will help to get in and out of the car, if you are small or infirm.

I like mine.;) go figure.....
Old Fart living in the BOX
Vehicles:-
VW T1 V10 Toerag (description of many mechanics)
Toyota Supra MKlll MA70(NA)GT
Honda Gold Wing GL1000 (in restoration)

#10 User is offline   roytour 

• Elite Member
  • View gallery
  • Locationgu11

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:02 PM

View Postiantouareg, on 09 March 2015 - 01:00 PM, said:

I can concur that the fitting instructions are a single sheet of A4, detailing what's in the box, two sets of support bars one set label'd Front left, middle left and rear left. the others clearly don't need labelling, the support "bolt" are just a piece of flat bar with a welded on bolt at right angels which fits inside a hole in the floor underneath the car, the plastic cover (cheap plastic too and becomes brittle after a few years and breaks easy) needs to be cut which in turn allows the stupid thing to hang down a bit; go off road and you will loose it ( I was thinking about making new ones out of aluminium sheet).

But once on they dpo do what they say on the tin (box) they do help you get in easier if you don't have air shocks. But for my wife it makes it even easier for her with her bad legs. So I am not dissing them they look very nice, but if you intend to go off road they wont help with ground clearance. Not the Boards but the fixing brackets will project below the body work underneath. Worth the money, well for a tart up yes, does it make the Treg look tougher, er no, useful yes to a point. Easy to remove, took an hour and a half to get them on, and less than thirty minutes to get them off. So those weekends in the woods, mud and sh**, are still on the cards, but they will help to get in and out of the car, if you are small or infirm.

I like mine.;) go figure.....
Fitting varies , Rline and altitude are more problematic due to bodywork changes

#11 User is offline   Tiggy2014 

• PipPip
  • LocationShepperton, Middx, UK
  • Time Online: 8h 2m 35s

Posted 02 June 2017 - 10:06 AM

Fitted mine from 4x4 direct, same issues I had with my Tiguan, had to fit spacers and washers to clear the door mouldings and the middle left and right stamped wrong way round!!
Posted Image
Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Touareg Rline - 3ltr V6 - 2014

Share this topic:

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Chris Knott Insurance - Forum Sponsor